Menu

Great!

DarkRaito
2007-02-23
2013-04-24
  • DarkRaito

DarkRaito - 2007-02-23

i am really eager to get the new version after reading the updates that would come on v1.3

as matter as fact i am really impressed with your work that i made a tips/guide page for phpMiniAdmin.. http://darkraito.110mb.com/?page_id=16 (my site currently under maintenance though). And i still need to update the image too..

anyway, i will be a bug tracer.. for this script. If something weird like importing failed.. i will directly inform you here or e-mail it to you..

and if you want.. i could give you more suggestions.. :)

Regards,
    DarkRaito
    110mb.com Support Forum Moderator

• Oleg Savchuk

Oleg Savchuk - 2007-02-24

Thanks DarkRaito,

actually I implemented file import mostly because
      I found your page where you explained users to use BigDump :)
      So I decided to include this feature too.

you are welcome to be a bug tracer (I hope there will be just a little work for you ;)

And if you have any good ideas, let's discuss - I am open to make phpminiadmin better.

See you...
      Oleg

• DarkRaito

DarkRaito - 2007-02-25

i see.. I dont even mind if you gave me a beta copy of the file. Where i would (of course) re-script it, remake it, destroyed the script ... etc (just kidding :D).

Anyway, i'll give my ideas here.. (in the form of points)

<ul>
      <li>easy to modify values in tables.</li>
      <li>delete multiple tables.</li>
      <li>optimize multiple table (better still, try make it optimize all tables).</li>
      <li>GUI for create tables.</li>
      <li>Can select multiple tables on which to perform X function</li>
      </ul>

note1: i added some part on your script

>> Find

echo "$row[1];\n\n";

>> Replaced it with

echo "DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `t`\n$row[1];\n\n";

note2: i know, you know whats it for
      ... i am strangely enough out of ideas currently.. i guess my mind was on something else currently.. I'll be back with more.

Regards,
      DarkRaito

• Oleg Savchuk

Oleg Savchuk - 2007-02-26

Thanks for the ideas,
      I'll send you beta version as soon as I implmenet something...

My comments:
      >easy to modify values in tables.

That's something I am thinking about, quite frequently web site owners need to make couple changes in DB and need this ability without knowing how to write 'UPDATE...'.
      But I am not expecting to implement this earlier than in  version 1.5, just need to think how to implement this in a nice way and keep script size small.

>delete multiple tables
      >Can select multiple tables on which to perform X function

That's easy :)
      In 'show tables' view I can add checkboxes and move all the functions from rows above the table list with a button 'perform'.
      Just one question.
      Now all table functions can be done in one click (for one table).
      If I'll implement 'checkboxes' it would be necessary to make 3 clicks:
      - check the box for the table
      - select function to apply
      - click 'perform' button
      So I am a bit concerned about this.

>optimize multiple table (better still, try make it optimize all tables)
      That's can be done as one of the 'functions' above.

>GUI for create tables
      That's I am not planning to do soon, as it's more complex and it will need a lot of code to implement (unless we'll find the way to do it easy).
      Do you really think that it's really necessary to have GUI for creating tables?
      Maybe you can describe all steps usual web site owner do when create it's own site first time?
      So we'll see what functionality most important to have in the script...

Regarding 'DROP TABLE IF EXISTS'.
      Yes, I forgot to include this in first import version, will include in next version.
      (as well as /*!40000 ALTER TABLE `....` DISABLE KEYS */; and /*!40000 ALTER TABLE `....` DISABLE KEYS */; - useful for large tables)

Thanks,
      Oleg

• DarkRaito

DarkRaito - 2007-02-27

Hello.. thanks for the quick reply..

=================================================
      >delete multiple tables
      >Can select multiple tables on which to perform X function

That's easy :)
      In 'show tables' view I can add checkboxes and move all the functions from rows above the table list with a button 'perform'.
      Just one question.
      Now all table functions can be done in one click (for one table).
      If I'll implement 'checkboxes' it would be necessary to make 3 clicks: 
      - check the box for the table
      - select function to apply
      - click 'perform' button
      So I am a bit concerned about this.
      lol, in term of one click, i meant clicking the perform button only .. so people dont have to type much.. (note: clicking multiple boxes would caused in clicking multiple times)

>GUI for create tables

That's I am not planning to do soon, as it's more complex and it will need a lot of code to implement (unless we'll find the way to do it easy).
      Do you really think that it's really necessary to have GUI for creating tables?
      Maybe you can describe all steps usual web site owner do when create it's own site first time?
      So we'll see what functionality most important to have in the script...
      I'll try to figure this out.. maybe i'll ask a friend with 8 years of experiance (who also work with php/SQL with his daily life).

>easy to modify values in tables.

That's something I am thinking about, quite frequently web site owners need to make couple changes in DB and need this ability without knowing how to write 'UPDATE...'.
      But I am not expecting to implement this earlier than in version 1.5, just need to think how to implement this in a nice way and keep script size small.
      Dont worry, I am not rushing you.. :)
      I am here just to support and mostly I work voluntarily. Just dont be angry if i not arround to reply.. :P

note1 : It seems Heroes got into my mind like glue.. I cant take it off me.. (cant think, and cant wait for the next eps)
      note2 : which also means, i dont have any need ideas to keep you buzy :D

• DarkRaito

DarkRaito - 2007-02-28

i have updated my guide page regarding the updates.. but i am kinda buzy to change the image.. will keep in touch..

regards,
      darkraito@users.sourceforge.net

• DarkRaito

DarkRaito - 2007-02-28

i dont witness any bugs so far.. i'll report more later..

note: the new code to shrink the sql file seems working, but it shrink around 5% - 10% only..

regards,
      DarkRaito

• Oleg Savchuk

Oleg Savchuk - 2007-03-01

Hi DarkRaito,

thank you for testing new version.

Shrink sql file feature just use extended INSERT statements, so it's really depend on number of fields in the table and length of data row.
      Anyway, I plan to implement support for zip compression (for both import and export), so it will be more useful.

Will be waiting for more bugs from you (or new ideas :)

Thanks,
      Oleg

• DarkRaito

DarkRaito - 2007-03-03

umn.. i sent you an e-mail... this time its kinda private to tell to others.. :)

• DarkRaito

DarkRaito - 2007-03-07

Possiblbug :
      it does not support phpMyAdmin SQL file (or other SQL files exported from other script).

i try to find some new bugs.. dont want to make you to buzy updating..

Regards,
      D.R

• Oleg Savchuk

Oleg Savchuk - 2007-03-08

Thanks, DarkRaito,

I'll re-check ability to import from mysqldump and phpMyAdmin dump.

no problem, please keep me busy :)  I want to cleanup any possible bugs from the script.

Oleg

• MarcinPawlica

MarcinPawlica - 2007-04-23

Hi Oleg,

Sorry for writing here about it, but I've written you an email about phpminiadmin... did you get it? I'd be very grateful for an answer...

Regards
      Marcin Pawlica