Duplicate definitions

Greg Roach
2008-05-23
2013-05-29
  • Greg Roach

Greg Roach - 2008-05-23

There are a number of $pgv_lang strings that are defined in more than one language file:

CZECH

admin.cz.php and lang.cz.php both define: add_gedcom, empty_dataset

DUTCH

configure_help.nl.php and lang.nl.php both define: message, type, cancel

configure_help.nl.php and editor.nl.php both define: accept

help_text.nl.php and lang.nl.php both define: upload_gedcom_help

editor.nl.php and lang.nl.php both define: delete_dir_success

GREEK

configure_help.el.php and editor.el.php both define: accept

HUNGARIAN

configure_help.hu.php and lang.hu.php both define: SHOW_ID_NUMBERS, SHOW_HIGHLIGHT_IMAGES, download_file, cancel, message, type

help_text.hu.php and lang.hu.php both define: upload_gedcom_help, import_options_help, verify_gedcom_help, add_gedcom_instructions

admin.hu.php and lang.hu.php both define: download_file, duplicate_username

admin.hu.php and configure_help.hu.php both define: PRIV_HIDE, PRIV_NONE, PRIV_USER, PRIV_PUBLIC, access, about_user, add_user, add_new_language, admin_gedcoms, admin_verification_waiting, ALLOW_USER_THEMES, ALLOW_REMEMBER_ME, ALLOW_CHANGE_GEDCOM, admin_user_warnings, can_edit, can_admin, click_here_to_continue, config_still_writable, confirm_gedcom_delete, configure, configure_head, daily, date_registered, download_file, download_here, del_proceed, default_user, ged_download, gedcom_adm_head, gedcom_not_imported, DEFAULT_GEDCOM, current_users, config_help, INDEX_DIRECTORY, leave_blank, mailto, messaging3, no_messaging, PGV_MEMORY_LIMIT, PGV_STORE_MESSAGES, PGV_SIMPLE_MAIL, PGV_SESSION_TIME, privileges, PGV_SESSION_SAVE_PATH, review_readme, seconds, show_phpinfo, REQUIRE_ADMIN_AUTH_REGISTRATION, translator_tools, USE_REGISTRATION_MODULE, TBLPREFIX, system_time, usr_deleted, users_total, users_gedadmin, weekly, yearly, welcome_new, warn_users, users_admin, pgv_config_write_error, no_logs, never, monthly, messaging2, messaging, message_to_all, last_login, LANG_SELECTION, searchtype, date_time, ip_address

editor.hu.php and lang.hu.php both define: current_person, family, label_diff_server, label_location, label_remote_id, label_same_server, label_site, label_site_url, title_remote_link

ITALIAN

configure_help.it.php and lang.it.php both define: fullname, confirm, can_admin, can_edit, accept, config_write_error, welcome

configure_help.it.php and editor.it.php both define: accept

admin.it.php and lang.it.php both define: step2, full_name, error_header, manage_gedcoms, folder_created, add_gedcom, add_new_gedcom, admin_approved, admin_gedcom, admin_geds, admin_info, admin_site, administration, can_admin, can_edit, change_id, click_here_to_go_to_pedigree_tree, configuration, confirm_user_delete, create_user, dataset_exists, do_not_change, download_gedcom, duplicate_username, empty_dataset, found_record, ged_import, gedcom_file, import_complete, inc_languages, merge_records, none, pgv_registry, please_be_patient, reading_file, readme_documentation, rootid, select_an_option, time_limit, update_myaccount, update_user, upload_gedcom, user_contact_method, user_create_error, user_created, user_default_tab, validate_gedcom, verified, verified_by_admin, view_logs, visibleonline, you_may_login

admin.it.php and configure_help.it.php both define: can_admin, can_edit

editor.it.php and lang.it.php both define: accept_changes, review_changes, edit_fam, copy, cut, add_unlinked_person, add_asso, add_obje, add_name, edit_raw, accept, accept_all, accept_gedcom, accept_successful, add_child, add_child_to_family, add_fact, add_father, add_husb, add_husb_to_family, add_media, add_media_lbl, add_mother, add_new_chil, add_new_husb, add_new_wife, add_note, add_note_lbl, add_sibling, add_son_daughter, add_source, add_source_lbl, add_wife, add_wife_to_family, changes_occurred, date, family, file_missing, file_partial, file_success, file_too_big, gedrec_deleted, max_upload_size, media_file, must_provide, show_changes, thumb_genned, undo, undo_successful, update_successful, upload_error, upload_media, view_change_diff

LITHUANIAN

editor.lt.php and lang.lt.php both define: server_file

NORWEGIAN

configure_help.no.php and lang.no.php both define: cancel

configure_help.no.php and help_text.no.php both define: more_config_help, lang_edit_help, language_to_edit_help, file_to_edit_help, language_to_export_help, new_language_help, old_language_help, hide_translated_help

configure_help.no.php and editor.no.php both define: accept

help_text.no.php and lang.no.php both define: upload_gedcom_help

RUSSIAN

configure_help.ru.php and lang.ru.php both define: fullname, confirm, config_write_error, find_sourceid, welcome, reset, date_format

admin.ru.php and lang.ru.php both define: configuration, duplicate_username

admin.ru.php and configure_help.ru.php both define: can_admin, can_edit

SLOVAK

admin.sk.php and lang.sk.php both define: download_file, deleted_files

admin.sk.php and configure_help.sk.php both define: ALLOW_CHANGE_GEDCOM, ALLOW_REMEMBER_ME, ALLOW_USER_THEMES, INDEX_DIRECTORY, LANG_SELECTION, PGV_MEMORY_LIMIT, PGV_SESSION_SAVE_PATH, PGV_SESSION_TIME, PGV_SIMPLE_MAIL, PGV_STORE_MESSAGES, REQUIRE_ADMIN_AUTH_REGISTRATION, SERVER_URL, TBLPREFIX, USE_REGISTRATION_MODULE

SPANISH-AR

configure_help.es-ar.php and lang.es-ar.php both define: config_write_error, reset, find_sourceid, date_format

VIETNAMESE

configure_help.vi.php and editor.vi.php both define: accept

• Gerry Kroll

Gerry Kroll - 2008-05-23

Greg:
      As if I had nothing better to do:

I'll fix these errors.  Obviously, I need to use the English files as a guide.  I'll do the best I can where the texts between the various duplications differ.

• Greg Roach

Greg Roach - 2008-05-23

<<As if I had nothing better to do>>

If you ever get *really* bored, I can give you a list of defintions that are in the wrong file, i.e. in lang.xx.php instead of admin.xx.php ;-)

• Gerry Kroll

Gerry Kroll - 2008-05-29

Fixed in SVN 3146.

There are still quite a few language variables that are in the wrong files, compared to the English versions.  There are also some variables that don't exist in the English files.

Some files have English text in them, which is a no-no.

This will take quite a lot of time to correct.

• Meliza Amity

Meliza Amity - 2008-05-29

Gerry,

We do not translate to Hebrew (or to Finnish) all the admin texts.
      If we do not include the English texts in the Hebrew (or Finnish) files the compare will inform that they are missing causing the translator additional work to verify if the text should be added.

Please suggest a better way.
      Till then, please do not remove the English texts.

Meliza

• Gerry Kroll

Gerry Kroll - 2008-05-29

Meliza:
        Don't worry -- I won't be removing any English texts, since I KNOW that some translators use the untranslated text in their language files for purposes of their own.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks