Afrikaans anyone?

2004-09-18
2013-05-29
  • Erich R. Iseli

Erich R. Iseli - 2004-09-18

Hi everybody,

My website partly targets an Afrikaans audience. I can organize an afrikaans translation (cannot translate it myself, but I'm sure I will find some volunteers among said audience), but before starting this, I wanted to make sure nobody else already started translating into this language.

Thanks for your feedback.

Ricky

• Boudewijn Sjouke

Hi Ricky,

It would be great to add Afrikaans to PGV. Since no one is working on it please feel free to make a start. If you need any help in adding the language or making the language files and translations, just post a message here and we will help in any way.

Thanks for the initiative!

Regards,
      Boudewijn.

• Chris

Chris - 2006-05-11

Is anyone considering Afrikaans. I would like an Afrikaans languge for my users but I am not fluent enought to do it myself

• Gilles W.

Gilles W. - 2006-07-15

Any news for an afrikaans language file ? :)

• Arnold Greyling

Arnold Greyling - 2007-02-18

Ok I decided to start an Afrikaans translation. I about a week I should have the lang.af.php facts.af.php and countries.af.php ready for version 4.0.2 or at least at a point where I can publish them for comment. The help files will take quite a bit longer but luckily most afrikaans speakers do understand english

Once the files are ready I will post them to the patches section and also put them on my phpgedview site so that people can have a look at it live.

Regards
      Arnold

• Gerry Kroll

Gerry Kroll - 2007-02-18

Please do your work on the PGV 4.1 version of the files.

In 4.1, there are 7 files instead of 5 because some of the language variables have been moved.

The chief reason for asking you to work on 4.1 insted of 4.0.2 is that we're not doing any more work or adding new features to 4.0.x -- just bug fixes (but only if they're REALLY important).

• Johann Hanekom

Johann Hanekom - 2008-03-12

I am using version 4.1.3, and will also appreciate an Afrikaans language option. I can help with the translation

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks