Preserving Whitespace with editlang

KosherJava
2004-02-05
2004-02-05
  • KosherJava

KosherJava - 2004-02-05

Hi,
    When using the lang editing tool, changing 1 char in the file seems to change whitespace all over (assuming the diff tool in wincvs is to be trusted). I am assuming that the seemingly massive change ti the file is caused by whitespace but I might be wrong. This came about when I went in to edit to remove one char from the existing Hebrew translation (I for the most part will be relying on Meliza for much of the translation - thanks Meliza). Do you know if this is a specific issue for Hebrew? or is it the same with any language?

• Arne Eckmann

Arne Eckmann - 2004-02-05

Not that it will help you any, but try reading posting #3 in:

http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1015288&forum_id=294245

Please notice that the language tool couldn't handle the language file correctly as well as the syntax coloring of the XEmacs editor suggested that a syntax error was present, until I entered new linebreaks to part of the file.

Best regards,

Arne

• Phantomas

Phantomas - 2004-02-05

Sorry Kosherjava, but would you please explain what whitespace means???

Even if you only change one char inside a message all the language vars are written into a new empty file.

• KosherJava

KosherJava - 2004-02-05

What I mean is that change one char and then use the dif tool in wincvs to compare. It lists so many changes that it is hard to pick out what you just changed. What is the cause of the seemingly many changes (non visual ones obviously) ?

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks