Slovak language

Peter
2006-03-13
2013-05-29
  • Peter

Peter - 2006-03-13

I finished translation of the Slovak language for version PhpGedView 3.3.8. The language files with the instalation instructions are in section patches.

• Janci

Janci - 2006-03-22

Hi, I also worked on the translation. Well, you have finished it sooner. It might be a good idea to work together on the next translation if you like. janči

• Gerry Kroll

Gerry Kroll - 2006-03-22

Gentlemen:
      We have the same problem with other languages too.  Danish is the most recent example.

It would be good if one person were to translate one, and the other would then check the work.  Change places for the other files, so that the "checker" does the translation and the previous "translator" becomes the "checker".

There's a great deal of effort in producing a translation; checking is MUCH easier.  It's a shame to waste the effort.

I'm sure the Slovak community would be very happy to have you two work on the translations for PGV 4.0.  There have been many changes to the language files between 3.3.8 and 4.0 beta7.  Beta 7 is what's in "future" branch CVS, and this is what needs to be worked on.

If you need any explanations of what is meant by the English text, you can e-mail me directly. 

For questions on the meaning of entries in the facts.en.php and lang.en.php files, you can also get a second opinion from the facts.de.php and lang.de.php files.  I'm keeping these files current with their English equivalents.  The Help files for German aren't current yet.

• Peter

Peter - 2006-03-23

Dear Gerry,

I will arrange with Janci and Jan Hablak our next cooperation.

I have a question. Is it possible make a translation in a local PC via PhpLauch? If yes, it would by very helpful for me.

• Gerry Kroll

Gerry Kroll - 2006-03-23

Peter:
        I'm afraid that I don't know the answer to your question.  I'm not familiar with PhpLaunch.

There is nothing particularly special about the Translator tools built into PhpGedView.  They use a LARGE amount of memory, since you effectively keep two extra copies of the language file you're working on in memory, in addition to the language file used to produce the actual text for each screen.

To use the translator tools, you MUST ensure that the "languages" directory is set with full read/write permissions for everybody.

• Patrik Hansson

Patrik Hansson - 2006-03-23

I did use it before and it worked if you start phpLaunch and then connects with IE to the phpLaunch adress. To set up phplaunch you should look in the wiki.
          I have stopped using it and use easyphp insted it is a small webserver with mysql wich is rather simple to install and use in Windows.

Patrik Hansson