PDO Related installation problem

Help
2011-06-02
2013-05-30
  • ContinentalWireless

I ran an older version of GEDView for a considerable period with no problems. However my ISP determined that it had a vulnerablity and killed it (just GEDView, not the database I had accumulated)

I decided to attempt to resurect it in support of the family reunion planned for later this year.

I uploaded the latest version and attempted to run configuration but I get the following error message when I attempt it:

Fatal error: Class 'PDOException' not found in /home/hobbit/public_html/FamilyHistory/includes/classes/class_pgv_db.php on line 712

I checked on the basics and came up with the following

SERVER_SOFTWARE = Apache/2.2.17 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.17 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5
    PHP Version 5.2.17

MySQL client version: 5.1.56
    PHP extension: mysql

ISP PHP configuration
    Command  './configure' '-enable-bcmath' '-enable-calendar' '-enable-dbase' '-enable-ftp' '-enable-libxml' '-enable-magic-quotes' '-enable-mbstring' '-enable-pdo=shared' '-enable-sockets' '-enable-ucd-snmp-hack' '-enable-zip' '-prefix=/usr/local' '-with-bz2' '-with-curl=/opt/curlssl/' '-with-gd'

/home/hobbit/php.ini
    memory_limit 128M

It appears that PDO is enabled, do I need to do something to enable the class?  Do I need to add something to my PHP.ini file?

Thanks in advance

Jay Clark
    jayc@vegas-wireless.com

• ggpauly

ggpauly - 2011-07-18

Jay,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Your situation is confusing - it seems that something is wrong with your PHP installation. 

I'm no PHP expert, but a bit of googling leads me to suspect that your ISP may have compiled PHP without the  -with-pdo-mysql=shared  directive, required when shared PDO is enabled.

George

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks