missing GEDCOM after reinstalling clean copy

Help
echobrin
2014-03-12
2014-03-17
  • echobrin

echobrin - 2014-03-12

I am attempting to reinstall PhpGedView after a hacking attempt on another site that shares the same web space. My webhost recommended reinstalling clean copies of everything. I deleted everything, installed PhpGedView 4.2.3, ran through the installer, and then uploaded my database backup. The user list is there but none of my actual GEDCOM data appears in PhpGedView. Are there files that I need to move over from my old installation? Do I need to create a new GEDCOM, and how can I get it to just use the existing data in my database? thanks!

• echobrin

echobrin - 2014-03-12

I found a ged file in the old index folder which I imported into the new installation, and I copied the media folder. Hopefully that's everything. Seems to be working now.

• Gerry Kroll

Gerry Kroll - 2014-03-17

You should be running version 4.3.0 (also called the "SVN" version). Check previous Help posts for installation instructions. You're looking for the post whose title begins with "Download "SVN" version ...".

You can download the "SVN" version by clicking on the "SVN" link at the top of this page. The actual instructions for what to do to accomplish the required download are in another Help post. The download instructions given in the first-mentioned post don't work any more since SourceForge "improved" their repository structure.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks