admin view

Help
macalter
2011-03-27
2013-05-30
  • macalter

macalter - 2011-03-27

I thought I logged off PGV when I upgraded my browser. Oops, I didn't. When I now went to log in (the browser has to quit & restart), it goes to the default PGV theme, not my chosen (Xena). Not sure what else to check. The Indi count is correct,  is it okay to just set theme again?

• ggpauly

ggpauly - 2011-03-27

I have some doubt that failing to log off affected your theme selection.

There are default and per-user theme selections.  If you haven't logged in you'll get the default.

If you don't log out you can somewhat confuse the the "logged in users" count.  This can take some time (weeks, in some cases) to readjust.  I regard this as a minor bug, but the coder (no longer here) insists it's behaving properly.

Of course, the biggest potential problem with  failing to log off is security.  If you're at a trusted computer this shouldn't be a concern.

So, go ahead and set the theme.  

• macalter

macalter - 2011-03-27

Thanks, ggpauly. I reset theme. I had a backup of my Gedcom & files just in case. So long as it was only the theme, no problem. Yes, it's my own Mac and I trust it. Got confused that I was upgrading my open browser (Camino), not one of my alternates in the background (Firefox & Safari).

• Gerry Kroll

Gerry Kroll - 2011-03-27

Mac:
    The behaviour you observe is by design.

For logged-in users, PGV will remember the last used theme and then re-use that theme the next time the user logs in.  This is done on a per-user basis, so that each user can have her own personal theme selection.

The user does not have to log out in order for the personal theme selection to be remembered.  The selection is NOT done by means of a cookie.  This means that when a site is viewed by Forefox, that same selection applies when Safari or Chrome is the browser viewing the site.

• macalter

macalter - 2011-03-28

My query related to the fact my theme selection was NOT displayed, it defaulted back to PGV Standard. No matter, I just set it back and hope that was all that happened.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks