Database structure...

Help
tthdoc
2011-05-07
2013-05-30
  • tthdoc

tthdoc - 2011-05-07

I was backing up my site and have a question.  First, I copied the entire directory that the tree is in to my hard drive.  Next I was going to backup the database and also put it on my harddrive.  Since I have kept old databases on the host from past upgrades, I wanted to make sure I was backing up the correct database.  So since I had new users added recently, I went to the familytree_users table.  I have 82 users and it was showing 65.  So I went to the familytree_user table (not plural).  It shows 82 users.  So all 82 users are listed in the user table, but only 65 in the users table.  Is something wrong, or is this the way it is supposed to be.  Want to make sure before I backup a bad database structure.

Thanks,
    Doc

• Stephen Arnold

Stephen Arnold - 2011-05-07

Doc
    Take a look at the USERS_table and you should notice it is missing the last few users added, and that it breaks out user names with GIVN and SURN columns. This was the original USER tables in old PGV versions and the tables were changed in about 4.2.2 AFAIRC. While this table is no longer used, it was retained (Greg didn't delete it - I'm not sure why, so I wouldn't).
    So yes, you have the correct install to backup - ALL the tables.
    -Stephen

• tthdoc

tthdoc - 2011-05-07

Stephen,

Thanks…

Doc

• Greg Roach

Greg Roach - 2011-05-27

<<Greg didn't delete it - I'm not sure why, so I wouldn't>>

I was just being cautious.  If there was a bug in the upgrade process, you might have been left with no users tables at all!

The plan was to wait 6-12 months, and if there were no reported problems, then delete it in a subsequent upgrade.

You can safely delete the old one.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks