I opened my backup gedcom file in GEDitCom and notice discrepancies in totals.
PGV: Indi = 12870 Fam = 4448
GED: Indi = 10228 Fam = 3448
Why would there be this discrepancy?
Did you download the latest copy or are you using an older version? Remember that the stats are taken from the SQL, not from the text file. Go to ADMIN Gedcoms and download a new copy. Open that with GEDitCOM and they should be the same or very similar. Here's mine:
PGV: Indi = 96304 Fam = 32230
GED: Indi = 96304 Fam = 32229
The copy I opened had just been downloaded. I did it from ADMIN backup w/o media (it's not for uploading again so wanted it smaller)
I said nothing about using the backup utility as a method of obtaining a copy of the current SQL contents to have a family tree to compare. Frankly, I can't tell you if the utility works or not, but I find it grossly inadequate in obtaining a backup of my data, so I would never use it to test.
I mentioned going to Admin > Manage GEDCOMs and DOWNLOAD. There will be no need to untick any box as it does not download media. Use this Gedcom to compare. Mine, after a minor fix of one family generated without an XREF due to an old bug, is now matching perfectly.
Ah, I didn't realize the gedcom would differ. It now matches in GEDitCom. Just trying to scroll through all the unrecognized custom tag errors to find the "real ones".
Log in to post a comment.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.