calender doesn't show dates

Help
Heike
2004-09-18
2013-05-29
  • Heike

Heike - 2004-09-18

My calender doesn't show events. I think it is because the dataformat is dd.mm.yyyy (02.09.1975), as I saw only one event, where the data reads ? 1975. Where and how can I change settings?
    -Heike

• John Finlay

John Finlay - 2004-09-20

Yes, your guess is correct.  PGV can only recognize dates that were entered in the gedcom standard DD MMM YYYY.  It is hard for a computer to be able to tell the difference between dd.mm.yyyy and mm.dd.yyyy.

PGV does have a way to help fix this proble.  During step 3 of the import process PGV will detect if you gedcom has different dates and ask if you want to convert them to the standard.  Right now it will on detect / or - not .  I've added the period to the regular expression in the cvs file which should be available to the public in a few minutes.  You can get this updated file from here when CVS is updated:
      http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/phpgedview/phpGedView/functions_tools.php?rev=1.20&view=auto

Just replace your old functions_tools.php file with this new one.  Then reimport the gedcom, and it should detect your dates and ask to convert them before continuing the import.

--John

• Heike

Heike - 2004-09-21

Thanks, but I've replaced the file, uploaded the file, then tried to import my gedcom-file, then following error-message was showing.
      Warning: Compilation failed: range out of order in character class at offset 23 in /home/heikeelashi_de/www/phpGedView/functions_tools.php on line 139

Warning: Compilation failed: range out of order in character class at offset 19 in /home/heikeelashi_de/www/phpGedView/functions_tools.php on line 146

Did I do something wrong?
      -- Heike

• John Finlay

John Finlay - 2004-09-21

Sorry, that was my fault.  I've checked in a newer version:
      http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/phpgedview/phpGedView/functions_tools.php?rev=1.21&view=auto

--John

• Heike

Heike - 2004-09-24

I replaced the functions_tools.php
      After that, trying to import the gedcom-file I was toldet the program had found invailid dates and that it wanted to replace in the forma DD MMM YYYY. I clicked "cleanup".
      Then I'm thrown on the login-screen, though I'm still loggid in. I don't get a message "import completed". Are there are some additional writing rights I've to set? I tried several things, without success though... :-((
      --Heike

• Heike

Heike - 2004-09-24

Additional Information:
      I was logged in as administator, writing-rights were administrated to phpGedView/authenticate and config-files as well as /index as well as my gedcom-file. I noticed, that FileZilla ignored my tries to give writing-permissions to authenticate.php and xxged_conf.php (group/public).
      --Heke

• Heike

Heike - 2004-09-25

After having set writing rights on .ged_conf.php I was able to import my gedcom, calendar is functioning now. Many thanks,
      Heike

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks