Image and link problem on remote server

Help
Anonymous
2012-09-19
2013-05-30
  • Anonymous - 2012-09-19

Hi, I downloaded the latest version of PhpGedView and created  a subdomain on remote server, everything is in the root. Although the software is working on local WAMP Server (Win 7) , there are major problems on remote (xNix) server:

a) Logo, menu images etc are not displayed
    b) You cannot click on links like "crete a new account", it just displays the same login page. Source seems to be OK thou.

I rechecked the securiy/access rights, everything is OK.

You can test it here: soyagaci.adalarmuzesi.org

Urgent help is greatly appreciated.
    Bülent

• Anonymous - 2012-09-19

I removed PhpGedView from remote server to test anotner SW, the problem stands also with minimal version.

• ggpauly

ggpauly - 2012-09-20

If you copied PGV from Win to *nix the permissions are probably fouled up.

Either a fresh install or brush up on chmod.

-George

• Gerry Kroll

Gerry Kroll - 2012-09-20

I notice that your site attempts to run a modified version of PGV.  There are probably a lot of Theme incompatibilities.

I suggest you download and install PGV 4.3.0 (the "SVN" version) according to the documentation in the recent Help topic whose title begins with "Repost: Download …"

You should wait until tomorrow noon (Friday, 21 Sept 2012).  I posted a very important update to the SVN repository today, so waiting until tomorrow will ensure that you download the absolute latest version.  Remember that SourceForge is on Pacific time, so "tomorrow" is not the same as it is in Turkey.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks