Error after upgrading from 4.16 to 4.24

Help
Ray
2012-12-28
2013-05-30
  • Ray

Ray - 2012-12-28

After upgrading from 4.16 to 4.24 I get the following error message when trying to open the website page:

exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE: Column already exists: 1060 Duplicate column name 's_dbid'' in /home/shivsco/public_html/shively/genealogy/includes/classes/class_pgv_db.php:695 Stack trace: #0 /home/shivsco/public_html/shively/genealogy/includes/classes/class_pgv_db.php(695): PDO->exec('ALTER TABLE pgv…') #1 /home/shivsco/public_html/shively/genealogy/includes/db_schema/db_schema_2_3.php(283): PGV_DB::exec('ALTER TABLE pgv…') #2 /home/shivsco/public_html/shively/genealogy/includes/classes/class_pgv_db.php(782): require('/home/shivsco/p…') #3 /home/shivsco/public_html/shively/genealogy/includes/session.php(325): PGV_DB::updateSchema('/home/shivsco/p…', 'PGV_SCHEMA_VERS…', 14) #4 /home/shivsco/public_html/shively/genealogy/config.php(69): require_once('/home/shivsco/p…') #5 /home/shivsco/public_html/shively/genealogy/index.php(29): require('/home/shivsco/p…') #6 {main}

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Ray

• Ray

Ray - 2012-12-28

I just let my site sit for several hours and now it works fine.

• Gerry Kroll

Gerry Kroll - 2012-12-29

You should be running the "SVN" version, which is also called "4.3.0".

Instructions are in the Help topic whose title begins with "Repost: Download "SVN" …..". 

When upgrading from 4.2.4 to 4.3.0, there's no need to do a database backup, etc.  Just replace ALL of the PhpGedView files and directories, except for file "config.php", directory "index", and directory "media", and you'll be good to go.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks