Install errors

Help
Anonymous
2012-02-27
2013-05-30
  • Anonymous - 2012-02-27

I'm trying to install PhpGedView on a Ubuntu server on my LAN.  I've previously installed quite a few apps, including MySql databases, but I can't get PhpGedView to install properly.  I see bunches of errors like these:
    ERROR 2: get_class() expects parameter 1 to be object, integer given
    0 Error occurred on in function get_class
    1 called from line 589 of file DB.php in function isError
    2 called from line 550 of file DB.php in function connect
    3 called from line 100 of file functions.php in function check_db
    4 called from line 353 of file session.php in function require_once
    5 called from line 80 of file config.php in function require_once
    6 called from line 41 of file install.php
    Warning: get_class() expects parameter 1 to be object, integer given in /var/www/phpgedview/DB.php on line 589

As far as I can tell, I have the correct requirements - newest PHP, PDO, enough memory allocated, etc.

Can anyone give me some pointers?

Thanks

• Stephen Arnold

Stephen Arnold - 2012-02-27

@ ?? (You used an anonymous posting account and provided no name or U/N
    Where are you seeing this? How far did you get? What do the Apache logs say?  Tons of questions about your GEDCOM and more are unanswered.

Trash the PGV DB or simply delete the tables.
    Use SVN 4.3 download and start over.
    Then, tell us precisely what you have done and where you are in the detailed, step-by-step process when or if you get errors.  Know that there are thousands of successful installs, so the problem is in your system, in your files (corrupt or incomplete upload) or in your procedures.
    -Stephen

• Stephen Arnold

BTW, I don't see a "db.php" file at the root level.

• Stephen Arnold

In fact, TMK, PGV has no file titled DB.php anywhere.

• Gerry Kroll

Gerry Kroll - 2012-02-27

PGV version 4.1.6 was the last version that had a file DB.php in the root directory.

As Stephen says, start over again with version 4.3.  Download and install instructions are in a recent Help topic whose title begins with "Repost: …"

Make sure you have a database and database userid already installed before you start configuring PhpGedView.  PGV will create the database tables it needs, but it will NOT create the database itself.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks