GoogleMap Image Not Displayed in Map Tab

Help
2012-02-24
2013-05-30
  • Eric Bashkoff

Eric Bashkoff - 2012-02-24

I am running Php ver 5.2.17 on a Linux server with phpGedView ver 4.3.0 svn and have set up GoogleMaps functionality with the token provided by Google.  I have entered place locations to be displayed with an individual's PLAC information.  The maps display fine when viewed in the "Place List" as follows:

However, I cannot view the map when looking at an individual using the Map tab.  See below:

The Map tab is actually enabled and upon clicking that tab, an empty area is displayed. I have tried this with Firefox 10.0.2 and IE9 browsers with the same results.

I would greatly appreciate anyone's suggestion as to what to do here in order for the GoogleMaps to work under the Maps tab.
    Thank you.

• Stephen Arnold

Stephen Arnold - 2012-02-24

I think you have an error in your data.
    You are displaying different places in this two screen caps.
    the Place Hierarchy is displaying  2 PLAC Newport News, Virginia, USA
    and the INDI reference is trying to display 2 PLAC , Newport News, Virginia, USA    //note the leading ","
    The display of the PLAC by Google Map on the INDI tab would have to be configured to ignore the extra place you have entered.  Try removing the "," and space in the INDI you are trying to display and see if the tab then works correctlyl. Otherwise, I would need admin access to check other configurations.
    -Stephen

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks