Menu

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class "GedcomRecord" not found

Help
2022-11-10
2022-11-11
  • Hans Rosink

Hans Rosink - 2022-11-10

I am getting the following error message when opening the website.
    I don't understand the error, why is it occurring? I have changed the site after my host provider moved to PHP 7, when we had to get rid of the curly braces. But after that, I didn't touch the site, while PHP is now on version 8.0 (see attached file).
    Anyone having a clue how to fix this?

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class "GedcomRecord" not found in /data/www/rosink.info/www/includes/classes/class_person.php:37 Stack trace: #0 /data/www/rosink.info/www/includes/classes/class_gedcomrecord.php(34): require_once() #1 /data/www/rosink.info/www/includes/classes/class_media.php(34): require_once('...') #2 /data/www/rosink.info/www/includes/functions/functions.php(37): require_once('...') #3 /data/www/rosink.info/www/includes/session.php(309): require('...') #4 /data/www/rosink.info/www/config.php(83): require_once('...') #5 /data/www/rosink.info/www/index.php(29): require('...') #6 {main} thrown in /data/www/rosink.info/www/includes/classes/class_person.php on line 37

• Gerry Kroll

Gerry Kroll - 2022-11-10

You should upgrade your PhpGedView installation to the most recent version available for downloading as an SVN snapshot.

Instructions on how to do this have been posted around here numerous times.

I can do this for you, if you wish. e-mail me directly at gkroll (at) keldine (dot) ca if you wish to proceed in this direction.

• Hans Rosink

Hans Rosink - 2022-11-10

Thanks Gerry, I already downloaded r7357, I think that's the one you mean, right?
    Was already thinking to take that approach, but was wondering if anyone saw this error.
    Let me try, and I'll post if it was working.
    thanks for you help!

• Gerry Kroll

Gerry Kroll - 2022-11-10

Yes, that is correct.

• Hans Rosink

Hans Rosink - 2022-11-11

Thanks Gerry, uploaded the most recent version, did the trick. Website up and running again!

• Gerry Kroll

Gerry Kroll - 2022-11-11

Good news. Thank you for letting us know.

Since the latest-and-greatest worked for you, I won't try to investigate the original cause of your problem.