Place name add/change causes error

Help
kaat
2004-09-21
2013-05-29
  • kaat

kaat - 2004-09-21

Hello, first time I've needed to post ...

Running PGV 3.1, Apache 2.0.49, PHP 4.3.7, MySQL 4.0.20d

When I try to edit an existing place name (e.g. in birth record), or add a new one (e.g. emigration), I get the error shown below.

I discovered this only happens when the new place name includes a comma, as in "London, England".

Not sure if it's a bug, or something I'm not understanding. Thanks in advance for any help!

Martin

The error:

ERROR:You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND p_file='carter.ged' ORDER BY p_place' at line 1
    SQL:SELECT p_place FROM pgv_places WHERE p_level=2 AND p_parent_id= AND p_file='carter.ged' ORDER BY p_place

Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in L:\www\d\carter\functions_mysql.php on line 1126

• kaat

kaat - 2004-09-21

Oops, sorry, I didn't explain it properly above ... the place edits are accepted okay, but it's when I subsequently click on the place name (e.g. from the individual view) that the error occurs.

• kaat

kaat - 2004-09-22

Could a kind volunteer try this, so I can check I haven't messed something up?

• John Finlay

John Finlay - 2004-09-22

I believe that this error was fixed in the CVS some time ago.

I think that your best option for now, until v3.2 comes out, is to reimport your gedcom.  That should cleanup the pgv_places table.

--John

• kaat

kaat - 2004-09-23

Thanks for replying John. I haven't noticed this topic in any of the Tracker lists. Does this mean I should report it as a bug? Sorry, I'm not familiar with CVS etc.

Thanks,
      Martin

• John Finlay

John Finlay - 2004-09-23

The CVS is the most current code.  I would try to give you a patch, but the CVS code is quite different from the v3.1 code at this point.  I hope to release the first beta of v3.2 this weekend.

If you want, you can post a bug report for this, and then one of the developers (probably me ;) will work with you to verify that it has been fixed in the v3.2 code.

--John

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks