Menu

[4.3.1] I'm getting Errors in class_person.php:646) and fin unctions_print.php on line 464; also a Fa

Help
2023-02-27
2023-02-27
  • Ricky Shykes

Ricky Shykes - 2023-02-27

When I select Charts or any chart.

ERROR 2: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/bosnacweb02/bosnacweb02/bosnacweb02am/b1188/ipg.rshykes/shykes.org/includes/classes/class_person.php:646)

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/bosnacweb02/bosnacweb02/bosnacweb02am/b1188/ipg.rshykes/shykes.org/includes/classes/class_person.php:646) in /hermes/bosnacweb02/bosnacweb02/bosnacweb02am/b1188/ipg.rshykes/shykes.org/includes/functions/functions_print.php on line 464

I get a fatal error if I select lists or any list

Fatal error: Uncaught PDOException: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1253 COLLATION 'utf8_unicode_ci' is not valid for CHARACTER SET 'latin1' in /hermes/bosnacweb02/bosnacweb02/bosnacweb02am/b1188/ipg.rshykes/shykes.org/includes/classes/class_pgv_db.php:852 Stack trace: #0 /hermes/bosnacweb02/bosnacweb02/bosnacweb02am/b1188/ipg.rshykes/shykes.org/includes/classes/class_pgv_db.php(852): PDOStatement->execute() #1 /hermes/bosnacweb02/bosnacweb02/bosnacweb02am/b1188/ipg.rshykes/shykes.org/includes/classes/class_pgv_db.php(919): PGV_DBStatement->__call('execute', Array) #2 /hermes/bosnacweb02/bosnacweb02/bosnacweb02am/b1188/ipg.rshykes/shykes.org/includes/functions/functions_db.php(214): PGV_DBStatement->fetchOneColumn() #3 /hermes/bosnacweb02/bosnacweb02/bosnacweb02am/b1188/ipg.rshykes/shykes.org/indilist.php(86): get_indilist_salpha(false, false, 1) #4 {main} thrown in /hermes/bosnacweb02/bosnacweb02/bosnacweb02am/b1188/ipg.rshykes/shykes.org/includes/classes/class_pgv_db.php on line 852

• Gerry Kroll

Gerry Kroll - 2023-02-27

You have a database collation conflict, where the site configuration says to use the database for UTF-8 collation, but the database hasn't been configured with a character set that natively supports the UTF-8 character set that is used by PhpGedView.

You need to adjust the configuration of your site to not use the database for UTF-8 collation. Proceed thus:

1. use your FTP client to make sure that the file /config.php has 777 permissions,
    2. log in with your Admin credentials,
    3. launch the Admin page by clicking on "Administration" in the top menu,
    4. select the " Configuration" menu option,
    5. click on "2. Database Connection",
    6. fill in the "Database Username" and "Database Password" fields. For security reasons, PhpGedView requires these fields to be filled in every time you access this configuration panel,
    7. change the field "Use the database to provide UTF-8 collation" to "No",
    8. click "Next Page" until you are told that the configuration has been saved. Don't skip any of the steps and don't make any changes to the subsequent panels unless you need to.
    9. when the configuration has been saved you can skip to "8. Get Started" where you can select any of the last three options to get you back into known territory.
    10. when things are working properly, you can use your FTP client to set the file /config.php to read-only.

If PhpGedView is still acting strangely, you may need to access the "Manage GEDCOMs and edit Privacy" page to re-import your GEDCOM file. It's been a long time since I had to fix this error, so I'm not sure whether a re-import is required or not. Can't do any harm at this stage.

• Ricky Shykes

Hello,
    THANKS, the "Fatal error: Uncaught PDOException" has been CLEARED using your instructions.

But TWO things more:

1.  I still have the "Warning: Cannot modify header information ...class_person.php:64 ...functions_print.php on line 464."

2.  And something I didn't notice until now I don't have a GEDCOM file; I'm starting from scratch and I understood it should have been created when I did the Create new GEDCOM. But I see there isn't one and that causes errors when adding people.  If I don't have one how do I create one?
        In GEDCOM I see: "GEDCOM file   File not found."" and The GEDCOM file, ./index/ShykesFamilyTree, does not exist at the specified location."
        How do I create one?

• Gerry Kroll

Gerry Kroll - 2023-02-27

The "Cannot modify header information" warning is the result of the system having printed some sort of error before trying to run the actual PhpGedView program.

When you upgraded PhpGedView, did you leave the database intact, or did you start a new database? It sounds as if we're just not looking in the right place for that GEDCOM file. This file should have a .ged extension.

I think we are wasting a lot of time here. I'll take over. With any luck, the problem will be easy to repair.

Please e-mail me directly (NOT through SourceForge):
    gkroll (at) keldine (dot) ca .

I need your site's URL, your Admin credentials in PhpGedView and also:
    The information needed to launch FTP to access your site.

IF you have phpMyAdmin installed, I need infromation on how to launch and log into phpMyAdmin

Depending on what I find, I might need additional information.

When you upgraded PhpGedView, did you leave the database intact, or did you start a new database?

• Ricky Shykes

Hello again,

Point 2 SOLVED; I entered into Manage GEDCOMs and for GEDCOM file I selected "export", it gave me errors because the file didn't exist but it then created the file. :-)

And point 1 also SOLVED; I was seeing a message that F1 and F2 record couldn't be found; I edited the RAW GEDCOM record for I1 deleting lines "1 FAMS @F1@" and "1 FAMS @F2@" they hadn't corrected correctly because the earlier error. After doing this I also NO longer get the "Warning: Cannot modify header information ...class_person.php:64 ...functions_print.php on line 464."

So all clear :-) I will continue plugging along.
    Thanks again for your help