relationship of the tables

Help
EdW
2011-12-09
2013-05-30
  • EdW

EdW - 2011-12-09

Is there somewhere a relationship diagram/document for the tables?  I have received an exported GEDCOM (15 Mbyes zip)
    from www.genie.com and imported it into pgv4.3.0 svn new database (mySQL 5.1.59) using PHP 5.3.0(Mac OSX 6) and am
    wondering how to clean it up.  The welcome page lists many missing Family records; I looked at the readme.txt
    but it's description seems out of date, as the columns in the pgv_name table do not match the pgv_names (which
    doesn't exist!)

Or is there a cleanup module that I can use somehow?

mysql> select count(*) from pgv_name;
    +-------+
    | count(*) |
    +-------+
    |   126203 |
    +-------+
    1 row in set (0.02 sec)

• EdW

EdW - 2012-01-20

I found one of the errant family ID's; it is in the pgv_individuals table:
    mysql> show columns from pgv_individuals;
    +-------+---------------+----+---+------+-----+
    | Field    | Type                 | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
    | i_id     | varchar(20)          | NO   | PRI | NULL    |       |
    | i_file   | smallint(5) unsigned | NO   | PRI | NULL    |       |
    | i_rin    | varchar(20)          | NO   |     | NULL    |       |
    | i_isdead | int(11)              | NO   |     | NULL    |       |
    | i_sex    | char(1)              | NO   |     | NULL    |       |
    | i_gedcom | longtext             | NO   |     | NULL    |       |
    6 rows in set (0.00 sec)
    mysql> select * from pgv_individuals where i_id = "I4699988445340089530";
    +---------------+-----+---------------+-------+-----+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    | i_id                 | i_file | i_rin                | i_isdead | i_sex | i_gedcom                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     |
    +---------------+-----+---------------+-------+-----+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    | I4699988445340089530 |      3 | I4699988445340089530 |        1 | M     | 0 @I4699988445340089530@ INDI
    1 NAME Albert /French/
    2 GIVN Albert
    2 SURN French
    1 SEX M
    1 BIRT
    2 DATE 9 JUL 1815
    2 PLAC Damascus, Mahoning, Ohio, United States
    2 ADDR
    3 CITY Damascus
    3 STAE Ohio
    3 CTRY United States
    3 NOTE {geni:county} Mahoning
    3 NOTE {geni:location_name} birthplace
    1 DEAT
    2 DATE 7 DEC 1895
    2 PLAC Cleveland, Ohio, United States
    2 ADDR
    3 CITY Cleveland
    3 STAE Ohio
    3 CTRY United States
    3 NOTE {geni:location_name} deathplace
    1 FAMC @F6000000000560465550@
    1 FAMS @F4700035989720032708@
    1 FAMS @F6000000005424483881@
    1 RFN geni:4699988445340089530
    1 SUBM @I317550674090002318@
    1 CHAN
    2 DATE 26 MAY 2011
    3 TIME 19:03:26 |

1 row

The FAMC @F….5550@  does not exist in the pgv_families table; so the inidviduals form is parsing the i_gedcom column
    and checking against the pgv_families table ; when it doesn't exist it issues an error message in red in the middle of
    the page just under the title "Personal Facts and Details".   So, genie export GEDCOM records with FAMC and FAMS ID's
    and then didn't follow (or determined that these should be out of reach for my family), and so I have to clean these up .
    (or else put up with the red error message).

Hmm… I'll have to refresh my SQL programming to do some substring matching on the i_gedcom column
    in the pgv_individuals table.

maybe it'll be easier to change the pgvgedview form to skip giving the error, since it doesn't seem to bother the system.

PS: I imported the same file into webtrees, it can't even show me some  individuals..I now have a timeout of 2 minutes
    and still get the PDO message about the mySQL connection has gone away!  on the same machine
    (IMac  2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory 2 GB  667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM using Mac OS X Version 10.6)

• Stephen Arnold

Stephen Arnold - 2012-01-20

Where the heck did those XREFs come from? They exceed the values allowed for those fields, so neither PGV nor webtrees will be able to import the data without truncating it - destroying the content. Both restrict the f_id to 20 characters, as they do with the i_id. To be able to use this data, you would have to find a program that allows such lengthy XREFs (not many) and can renumber your GEDCOM.  Send me the GEDCOM and I'll see if GEDITCOM chokes or handles these machinations.
    gedcoms-at-myarnolds-dot-com
    -Stephen

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks