My "edit_changes.php" has declined to work for some time . . . "Unable to display webpage" type error. Is there a newer release than 4.3.0 svn, which I have? I have been able to approve changes one by one by clicking on each link, but I get the error when I hit the "Accept / Reject Changes" link.
Thanks for all you folks do,
I lied . . . I actually had tried to surgically replace edit_changes.php with another version someone somewhere had posted to address this issue . . . the "unable to display webpage" could be from not having set permissions correctly, etc. etc.
I restored the default edit_changes.php . . . what I get is:
Review GEDCOM Changes
Fatal error: Call to a member function getFullName() on a non-object in /home/content/A/C/o/ACorduan/html/PhpGedview/edit_changes.php on line 115
Try exporting the database to a GEDCOM and then re-importing the GEDCOM you just exported, There's no need to download that GEDCOM and then uploading it.
You do this on the Manage GEDCOMs page.
This action should clear out the database table that contains pending changes, thus getting rid of the error. It will also get rid of any other pending changes - you'll have to apply the changes again.
Hello . . . long time . . . I just upgraded to the latest 4.3.0svn . . . as part of the process I exported each of my 5 databases, then, after updating, imported again. I still have this phantom "Accept / Reject Changes" prompt at the bottom of the screen with no details . . . and clicking on that again gives me:
I exported each of my 5 databases
I exported each of my 5 databases
Did you truly EXPORT the databases, or did you EXPORT the family trees?
Did you truly IMPORT the databases, or did you IMPORT the family trees?
Just guess, but you may not have followed proper procedures. The previous table structure was not compatible with the current version of PGV, so you can not simply restore your database, but rather you needed to export the trees and reimport them to properly populate the newly-devised table structure. If you had changes pending in the old database, but did not accept or decline those, and now need to do so - YOU CAN'T. Those changes are lost, but the phantom accept/decline flag is probably still set in the DB.
I'm not sure what the solution may be, unless you try to re-import each tree (GEDCOM).
I think you might have a person record that doesn't have any Name sub-record. This could be the result of not having done the proper export-upgrade-reimport during one of your upgrades.
If you wish, you could e-mail me a ZIP copy of the GEDCOM file that exhibits this problem. I can then try to import this into my off-line copy of PGV. This might reveal what the problem actually is.
e-mail: gkroll at keldine dot ca
Thanks . . .
: "Database" meant gedcom, which is what I think you meant. I "Imported" the gedcom for each of the 5 databases
: I started feeling frisky and sucked each of the .ged files into a local Visual Foxpro database to look a little closer. There were a number of messups . . . in one case there was no NAME record because there was some clear damage, which I repaired. I spent a lot of time, reuploaded, reimported all 5 . . . a number of other issues have cleared up, but this remains :-) My problem is that it does NOT identify which of the gedcoms it is thinking has pending changes . . . Just a generic "Accept / Reject Changes" link . . . no list of changes, like normal.
So . . . I will send all 5 GEDCOMs . . . if you have time to help, wow, that would be great. Been dancing with this for a while . . . the only way I can approve changes is to click into each link in the summary list that appears beneath the "Accept / Reject Changes" . . . once all are individually approved, we are back to what I have now.
Log in to post a comment.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.