wiki down

Help
ggpauly
2011-11-23
2013-05-30
  • ggpauly

ggpauly - 2011-11-23

The wiki, http://wiki.phpgedview.net/en/index.php , is giving a 500 error.

Also, it has not been accepting changes from registered users for many months.

Does someone know how to contact the maintainer?

Thanks

• Stephen Arnold

Stephen Arnold - 2011-11-23

silly question, but did you email the administrator as provided in the error message?
    -Stephen

• Moonrakre

Moonrakre - 2011-11-28

I tried that but:

<webmaster@pgvwiki.mydigitalhome.com.au>:
    175.107.130.193 does not like recipient.
    Remote host said: 550 No such person at this address
    Giving up on 175.107.130.193.

• Moonrakre

Moonrakre - 2011-11-28

I also tried the mydigitalhome website but got a 500 error and emailing got: the a 550 as above.

I have now tried emailing Laurence Lewis who is the registrant for mydigitalhome.com.au and that hasn't bounced……yet.

• Moonrakre

Moonrakre - 2011-11-29

Laurence has replied positively:

================================
    I am trying to find the problem with no luck at this time.  I checked it a couple of days ago and working fine so I must admit it has got me stumped at this time.

So I have decided to upgrade the wiki to the latest version.  This will take a little bit of time over the next day or so. 

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Laurence Lewis

So hopefully the wiki will be back soon, with thanks to Lewis.

• Laurie

Laurie - 2011-12-01

Hi all,  Well that was a task and a half.  It is up and running again in all languages but it is still having a small memory problem, at this time, that we have to try and fix.  You may have to refresh the page if you get an error. 

Please try and do edits as it is allowing me and my other test user logon to edit but if you are having problems let me know.  I have had to change a few things to try and stop the site being overwhelmed in spam taking hours of time to fix.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Laurie

• Moonrakre

Moonrakre - 2011-12-01

Many thanks Laurie.

I can see it is up but as I am a newbie here I just need to read it at the moment.  Maybe when I've learnt some more I'll be in a position to make edits.

You have clearly worked hard and responded in a reasonable time. It is guys like you that make open source software work, your contribution is invaluable.

Adrian

• Laurie

Laurie - 2011-12-02

Sorry gang,  no sooner do I fix it than the hosting company has a problem with the server and we are offline again.  I will post when the wiki  is back up.   Saying I am not happy is an understatement but we might have the memory problem fixed.

Sorry

Laurie

• Laurie

Laurie - 2011-12-02

If you are in desperate need to look up something then you can get to a version of the wiki at

http://60.240.13.65/jumba/pgvwiki

Please do not add or edit though.  Might also be a bit slow as on a restricted bandwidth speed compared to main site.

Laurie

• Laurie

Laurie - 2011-12-02

Whoa,  I need to change some settings before available to outside world.  Will do so when I get home in a few hours or early on morning.

Laurie

• Laurie

Laurie - 2011-12-02

Should be available now after changing a few ip settings.  Will let everyone know when the main site is up.  If you do look on the temp site let me know how it goes for speed as it may be an option for hosting in the future.

Laurie

• Laurie

Laurie - 2011-12-02

Just off the phone from the hosting company.  Well I do feel stupid.  The  wiki has been up all along, it was just my ip address that was blocked from trying to do a few fixes their server did not like.  Anyway, I got the right peron on the phone and we now have more memory allocated so the memory problems appear to have gone.

If anyone can report back any other issues with the wiki, such as editing etc that would be good.  Please remember their is some captcha in there to stop spam.

Laurie

• ggpauly

ggpauly - 2011-12-02

Thanks Laurie, seems to be working now, and editing is possible for the first time in many months.

I'd like to edit the sidebar to put in a link or two to these sourceforge forums.  Is that possible?

Do you have any control over the URL http://phpgedview.net ?  This page is a go-to page for PGV and is very outdated.   It seems that this page is largely replicated by the wiki (mod the links mentioned above), so could it somehow point to the wiki main page, or be replaced by the wiki main page?  If any content is on phpgedview.net that should be wikified I'd be glad to help. 

Thanks for your efforts

• Hansen

Hansen - 2012-01-26

The Wiki is down again, with some other pages too.

• Anonymous - 2012-02-05

hello mr lewis,
    I was wondering if I could help with the administration of the pgv wiki,
    I find it very valuable information and would like to contribute, right
    now I am getting 500 errors very often and would think this can be fixed
    with a better hosting service.
    yours truly,
    sebastián codas

• Laurie

Laurie - 2012-02-09

Hi all,

The time has come for me to hand the wiki onto another person to host and maintain.  Due to circumstances I am no longer able to continue with it.

There are 4 wikis that are here the main one being the english wiki.  If you are interested in taking over the wiki please contact me at:-

laurie (at) thelewisfamily(dot)id(dot)au

Thanks

Laurie