Missing Data for Lists

Help
JonHansen
2011-08-16
2013-05-30
  • JonHansen

JonHansen - 2011-08-16

Just upgraded this week from version i have had since 2007.  site is www.hansenhanson.com.  All data seems to be there if I go to pedigree chart or the search feature.  but under lists - individual and family, as well as relationship chart find individual ID, no results are found for any name filtered.  I have tried reinstalling as well as reloaded backup data, but this does not fix it.  I am not an IT person, so I hope there is something relatively painless.  thanks.

• JonHansen

JonHansen - 2011-08-16

I am also geting this message on every individual page i should add:

ERROR 8: Undefined index: M
    0 Error occurred on line 536 of file individual_ctrl.php in function print_sex_record
    1 called from line 97 of file individual.php

• Stephen Arnold

Stephen Arnold - 2011-08-16

Did you reimport your data? I think not or you would have populated the changes in the name tables as well as the changes in the gender table.

When in doubt, reimport.
    -Stephen

• Thomas52

Thomas52 - 2011-08-17

…and to refresh my memory, I want to select the "Erase the old data and replace it with the new?" - YES; and "keep media links?" - YES
    …if I recall correctly?

• Stephen Arnold

Stephen Arnold - 2011-08-17

NO, you remember incorrectly.
    Keeping media links, if reimporting a PGV-generated/friendly gedcom will duplicate your links as they are already contained therein.

If you were to select NO to 'erase the old data', you would accomplish nothing as you would not be replacing anything.
    -Stephen

• Gerry Kroll

Gerry Kroll - 2011-08-17

Thomas:
    If you have exported your database to a GEDCOM in preparation for upgrading and then re-importing, you definitely do NOT want to keep media links, since the required information for handling media will be embedded in the GEDCOM.

This option is in there for people like me who maintain their GEDCOM externally using a program such as Family Tree Maker.  FTM knows nothing about media that are part of PGV's file and database structures.  It exports its database to a GEDCOM without any media in it at all.  Thus, I want to keep media links, etc. so that I don't have to re-create everything when I re-import.  The assumption here is that FTM will maintain the person, family, and source IDs from one version of its output GEDCOM to the next.  Unfortunately, this isn't always the case, so often I have to correct links to families. 

Sighhhhh.  Stupid FTM.