Under 'Batch Updates' I will run "Add missing death records" and a few other routines every once in a while. Before upgrading to 4.2.4, I had it set for 100 years, but now it wants to add a death record if over 75 or so years. I can't seem to find how to change the setting to "100" years.
This feature takes its cue from the "Age at which to assume a person is dead" option in the Privacy configuration.
Log in as Admin (or with GEDCOM Admin rights), then navigate to the GEDCOM Management menu and click on the "Edit" option on the Privacy file line. The option you want is the last entry in the "General Privacy settings" group.
The Privacy settings have been updated to read 100 years, but the batch updates still want to add a "missing death record" to a 75-year old. Is there a rebuild or something else needed?
The feature actually uses the result of function is_dead() to determine whether the death record needs to be added. This fuction is in file "includes/functions_privacy" around line 55 or so.
Here's the original comment at the beginning of this function:
* 1. a DEAT record returns dead
* 2. a BIRT record less than <var>$MAX_ALIVE_AGE</var> returns alive
* 3. Any date in the record that would make them older than <var>$MAX_ALIVE_AGE</var>
* 4. A date in the parents record that makes the parents older than <var>$MAX_ALIVE_AGE</var>+40
* 5. A marriage record with a date greater than <var>$MAX_ALIVE_AGE</var>-10
* 6. A date in the spouse record greater than <var>$MAX_ALIVE_AGE</var>
* 7. A date in the children's record that is greater than <var>$MAX_ALIVE_AGE</var>-10
* 8. A date in the grand children's record that is greater than <var>$MAX_ALIVE_AGE</var>-30
* This function should only be called once per individual. In index mode this is called during
* the Gedcom import. In MySQL mode this is called the first time the individual is accessed
* and then the database table is updated.
If this problem only occurs on a few individuals, you might have some incorrectly entered dates.
I think I found the problem: the PARENT has military service dates entered as "bet 12 Jun 1923 and 31 Aug 1951" but the software changes it to: "BET JUN 31 AND 1923 AUG 1951." I have reentered the dates as "12jun1923-31aug1951" and that seemed to have fixed the problem. Is there a particular way for entering dates in the "BET date AND date" or the "FROM date TO date" formats?
What version of PGV are you using?
You can enter the correct date range manually by editing the raw GEDCOM record. The format to be used should be:
2 DATE BET 12 JUN 1923 AND 31 AUG 1951
2 DATE FROM 12 JAN 1923 TO 31 AUG 1951
In the case of military service, you should be using the "FROM" variant, since this is an ongoing activity that took place for a period of time. The "BET" variant is used when you're dealing with a single event that occurred sometime in the date range but you're not sure of the exact date.
4.2.4/4.3.0SVN -- Once I figured out the problem, I was just trying different solutions, probably your manual approach is better -- just making sure people were aware of the issue.
Log in to post a comment.