Error 2

2009-12-29
2013-05-30
  • Peter Christen

Peter Christen - 2009-12-29

Hello

I'm using phpgedview since quite al long time. I never had problems, getting in to my page. Since a view days now, I can not log in anymore. Where do I have to locate the foloowing failure?

I hope someone can help and explain why that happen  to a "beginner".

Thnak you very much, Peter

Here is the message wich is displayed on web page

***ERROR 2: Unknown: open(/var/lib/php/session/sess_o0a7v44bmetb88mtp5heacvmr7, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13)
    0 Error occurred on
    Warning: Unknown: open(/var/lib/php/session/sess_o0a7v44bmetb88mtp5heacvmr7, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0
    ERROR 2: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/lib/php/session)
    0 Error occurred on
    Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/lib/php/session) in Unknown on line 0***

• Greg Roach

Greg Roach - 2009-12-29

Any web application that allows you to "log in" has to maintain a "session".  Sessions allow you to carry your login forward from one page to another.

On your server, this session information is stored in files in the directory /var/lib/php/session/

If things were working fine, and have suddenly stopped, then the most likely explanation is that the directory is full.

Is this your own server?

• Peter Christen

Peter Christen - 2009-12-29

thank you very much for your quick respond. It is placed on a webspace. But there is still a lot of free space. There is 1.8 GB of 2 GB free.

Do you think I should delete some of the log files?

Peter

• Greg Roach

Greg Roach - 2009-12-29

Disk space on unix-based servers is often divided into logical blocks.  Just because your own file-system has 1.8GB free, it doesn't mean that /var will also have free space.  It is most likely on a different partition.  It may also be full due to inode limits, quota, etc.

It may not even be full (although that would seem the most likely explanation from the symptoms described).

You can configure PGV to store this session info in any directory you choose.  I suggest you try this.

Create a directory inside your index directory, called session

Edit your config.php to set the session\_save\_path entry to the full location of this directory.  Something like /users/peter/html\_docs/phpgedview/index/session

(Normally, you can set this from PGV's admin page, but if you can't log in, you'll have to do it by editing the config file).

Make sure this new session directory has the same permissions as its parent index directory.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks