The message you sent requires that you verify that you ....

macalter
2013-06-04
2013-06-05
  • macalter

macalter - 2013-06-04

I've not used this form for about 3 years but still subscribe to help. Today I got email requesting I verify who I am:

<QUOTE>
    The message you sent requires that you verify that you
    are a real live human being and not a spam source.

To complete this verification, simply reply to this message and leave
    the subject line intact or click the link below:

http://www.ismyfamily.info/cgi-sys/bxd.cgi?a=info@ismyfamily.info&id=597O9_22_8DGeu5tK89k5-1370357936

The headers of the message sent from your address are shown below:

This isn't the first time I've seen these but previously ignored them. What are they? I logged in to the forum and my password wasn't accepted so had that reset. Email was sent to me:

<QUOTE>
    This message is to notify you that your verification was received, and your
    email address was successfully white listed.

All pending messages from your address have been delivered to info@ismyfamily.info.

Will this resolve this issue?

PS: I had no idea the forum changed so drastically that posting is via email. Very different!

mac.alter

• Gerry Kroll

Gerry Kroll - 2013-06-05

Mac:
    Nope, this is spam. Do not reply to the message.

I've seen quite a few of these messages in the Help forum, but not in any of the others (so far). I've deleted them from the Help forum.

PGV was moved to the new Forum software, by the powers-that-be, about a week ago. I'm not so sure that I like what's been done. The only redeeming feature is that you can edit an old post to correct typos, etc. Of course, bad posts can now be deleted. I'm not sure who has "Delete" authority, but I seem to.