The Developers Forum...

Greg Roach
2009-09-25
2013-05-30
  • Greg Roach

Greg Roach - 2009-09-25

… has been broken since the forum upgrades.  Instead of allowing access to all project developers, it only allows access to all project administrators.

Ticket #5141 has been raised with SF.

• Gerry Kroll

Gerry Kroll - 2009-09-25

There are lots of other features of the new forum software that are broken too.  "Somebody" obviously didn't do enough (if any) testing before turning the new software loose.

Why can't I edit my own posts?

• Stephen Arnold

Stephen Arnold - 2009-09-25

I too have a support ticket filed and a developer has been assigned, but I'm not holding my breath about their ability to quickly remedy all the issues they have introduced without any apparent forethought and/or testing. 
    -Stephen

• Lester Caine

Lester Caine - 2009-09-26

All to often now, 'developers'  seem t think that they NEED to make changes to things, but often they simply do not have the ability to test every aspect of a system, and for every change more and more previously happy users are being inconvenienced in the name of progress. It would be nice if the previously working simply had an OPTION to select the new view. It's not rocket science to make things run in parallel and then people can at least have a choice. PHP5.3 is another example of improvement, which is now being pushed out by the Linux distributions as 'the next version', but it is going to be many more months before all the third party packages have had a chance to catch up.
    There is no reason that the well established stable situation can't co-exist, we do not need to destroy it every time some thinks they have a good idea :(

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks