Login screen shows too many details - why?

Jones Down
2011-01-13
2013-05-30
  • Jones Down
    Jones Down
    2011-01-13

Hi, I am just starting - but I get a little horrified about the fact, that the login screen shows a lot more than a simple login form - when I create a test gedcom file, even this is shown!!! I would like to have more privacy for my data - I checked the configuration and changed everything to "show only to authenticated users" - but there is still too much to see for my taste.
    Is this a config error / software bug or a misconception in pgv?
    Can I have a private install, that shows only a login screen - it does not even have to tell which software is installed!
    Thanks!!!
    Jones

• macalter
    macalter
    2011-01-13

jones69: This should be on the HELP Forum. That said, it's probably your configuration as my Login page is ONLY that. Move this topic over to continue.

• Stephen Arnold
    Stephen Arnold
    2011-01-13

Jones
    As MAC pointed out, this really belongs on the HELP forum as you seek advice, not a general topic discussion.
    That said, I think you need to do some reading on the WIKI before you venture too far or make assumptions. There is a major difference between Privacy Rules and Access Rules.  For restricted access, you need to set the privileges in the GEDCOM configuration, not the SITE configuration. 

In the GEDCOM CONFIG > Access & Privacy > Require visitor authentication >  YES
    This will remove anything but the Log In screen from accessibility for that particular GEDCOM.

-Stephen

• Jones Down
    Jones Down
    2011-01-13

OK, thanks, will try it! Sorry for wrong forum!