ADOdb build of PGV

2009-09-15
2013-05-30
  • Lester Caine

Lester Caine - 2009-09-15

I now have a fairly complete port of PGV to ADOdb completed and it is running on firebird. If anyone is interested in further development of this contact me directly ;)

[1]
    Development of the bitweaver port will be discussed on the BW IRC channel and forums ...
      [1]: http://lsces.co.uk/wiki/index.php?page=Port+of+phpgedview+back+to+ADOdb

• Lester Caine

Lester Caine - 2009-09-16

I have just been updating the pages on the bitweaver wiki, but whene I came to create some cross links I find that the phpgedview wiki is currently down …

• Lester Caine

Lester Caine - 2009-09-19

I've worked through a number of the remaining bugs and have updated the code on the port page, but as yet I've not addressed the installer. Short term soultion will be a ready built firebird database which I'll drop a link to at some point, but my main development efforts are to get the new code intergated with the bitweaver port - which already has a fully functional installer.

• Lester Caine

Lester Caine - 2009-11-01

I just found my original posts on using PGV with Firebird - was that really 2005?

http://www.bitweaver.org/wiki/PhpgedviewPackage has been updated but still needs a little more work, The current code in the BW cvs builds a set of tables, which can be managed via the BW package handler. There is a BW import module that has pulled my existing GEDCOM file in, but need more work to allow multiple gedcoms in the gedcom table ( I'm not using the $GEDCOM file ). The individual and famly lists are working to a point, but since the functions that used to provide a displayable list of names have been removed, I need to roll back the older functions, or probably better - simply create clean ones. Rather than using functions to populate lists I'll add these to the base gedcom class.

I've made a start on converting the charts to smarty templates, but that will need a lot more work yet. I need to clean up the 'privacy' stuff so that only older data is visible, then I'll update my on-line demo so people can see where I've got to.

All the media handling stuff will be replaced by the BW mime file handling framework since that is where all my material originates from and there are a number of formats of gallery available to display this content.

I think it will be a while before I can spend some more time on this but if anybody does want to have a play and do a bit more work, then I'm usually around to help.

• potain

potain - 2009-11-04

Hello Isces

The link above Code for ADOdb port of PGV result in a page not found on the wiki.

Jean

• Lester Caine

Lester Caine - 2009-11-04

Cock-up with a backup cycle ….

The files are there now, and some of the original notes have been restored, but I've lost some bits and don't have time to re-do them.

One thing I would add is that there is currently a discussion going on about how to get PDO back on track, and there will probably be some major changes to it in the next version which will address at least some of the base problems with it. At present the generic database drivers are still being developed in isolation and PDO is being ignored!

• Lester Caine

Lester Caine - 2009-11-09

In case anybody is interested … the ADOdb port is now running online … http://lsces.org.uk/phpgedview/

Just need to get it working again inside bitweaver ;)

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks