4.1.6 final release

Greg Roach
2008-11-17
2013-05-30
  • Greg Roach

Greg Roach - 2008-11-17

I'm pleased to announce the final release of the version 4.1.6.  There were only a couple of minor issues in the 4.1.6pre release which needed to be corrected.

This has been available in the download area since yesterday, although I didn't announce it straight away to allow all the sourceforge mirrors to be updated.  They *should* all work now, but if your local one isn't working, please try another.

This will be the last PGV release that will run on PHP4.  Future versions will require PHP5, so you might want to consider upgrading your server.

The upgrade procedure for existing users should be straightforward, and is documented on wiki.phpgedview.net

There is one minor point to consider.  One of the fixes was to the way that names with prefixes are indexed.  "van Gogh" will now be stored internally under "G" instead of "V".  Such names may be shown under the wrong letter on some of the lists.  This can be fixed by reimporting your gedcom file.  If you don't have names with prefixes, then there is no need to do this.

If you have any questions or problems during the installation, please ask for help on the forum.

Finally, a big thank-you to all the developers, testers, translators, documentors, wiki-editors, etc. and to those of you who provide help and support here on the forums.  Without you all, PhpGedView wouldn't be the best genealogy application on the web.

• Andre Vanderlynden

Hello,

> Without you all, PhpGedView wouldn't be the best genealogy application on the web.
      Really true to me !!!
      Should deserve much and many donations ;)

Many thanks to every one, i love PVG and i think every user one my website does !
      Regards,
      André

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks