Menu

i can´t install it

Help
2009-01-26
2013-04-29
  • santiago ferreyra

I configure the config.php file, but i can´t start with the instalation.
    i´ll apreciate it if tell me what is wrong.
    This is the screen text that apears.
    thanks

phpEquiMon Installation Script
    Database directory: /var/www/apache2-default/phpEquimon/htdocs/db/
    Database connect string: mysql:host=192.168.3.14;port=3306;dbname=monitor + set root/violeta

PHP feature check...
    PHP Magic Quoting is enabled. There is no workaround for this in phpEquiMon yet. The installation continue but you cannot start using phpEquiMon before disabling this "feature".

Checking permissions on dbdir...

Warning: touch() [function.touch]: Unable to create file /var/www/apache2-default/phpEquimon/htdocs/db/perm_test because No such file or directory in /var/www/apache2-default/phpEquiMon/htdocs/install.php on line 57
    Script user must have rwx permissions on dbdir!

• ChrisM

ChrisM - 2009-01-27

Hi,

you need to disable the PHP Magic Quote feature. Look for "magic_quotes_gpc = On" in your php.ini and change it to "Off" to turn this so called "feature" off for good globally, or include a statement in the configuration for your vHost/directory configuration/whatever for Apache.

Also, you really should not let your database reside under htdocs. Instead, create a folder somewhere else and make it writable for your webserver user/group (usually www-data, www-run, apache, apache2 or something).

If you need additional support, just reply.

Best regards,
      Christian

• santiago ferreyra

Hi, christian
      the aplication is very cool, is very simple and complete. It´s very useful.
      I resolved that problem just disable the magic cuote in php.ini(like you tell me) and I could install it.
      But now I have another problem: I can´t configure the cron . In the "conectivity" cell say "fix cronjob", and i don´t know what exactly write in the crontab; or wathever problem is.

best regards.
      santiago

• ChrisM

ChrisM - 2009-01-28

Hi,

you need a cronjob like
        */5 * * * * /var/www/.../path/.../htdocs/index.php cron
        set up under your webserver user (root should be possible too, but is strongly disregarded!!).

This cronjob will run phpEquiMon's maintenance procederes every five minutes. Of course, other values are possible, but you will need to adjust the value set in phpEquiMon's admin panel then to match the new interval to avoid invalid warnings about cronjob not being run.

Under Linux you can setup the cronjob by running crontab -e (or less likely fcrontab -e) as the webserver user in a shell.

Best regards,
        Christian