Menu

Modernization..?

aric caley
2009-06-29
2013-04-29
  • aric caley

aric caley - 2009-06-29

Seems like not a lot as been done with phpagi over the years, or with PHP + asterisk in general.  Not sure why that is.

I wanted to implement a real fastagi server with PHP and it seems like nobody's really done it? 

At any rate, I'd like to see this code brought up to modern PHP standards (it looks like well written code as it is, of course, just not using the most recent PHP features).  I'd also like to see a standardized fastagi server (IE a real daemon).  I've written that myself (its not hard) for a project.

Seems to be a lot of versions of this code floating around out there, most of them old.  I worked on Trixbox CE for some time but never really worked directly with any agi scripts (I mostly worked on the GUI).  As trixbox is a mish-mash of various projects I think there are several different versions of phpagi in there... :)

Also is there any good documentation anywhere?

• aric caley

aric caley - 2009-07-01

further more as I am doing some IVRs and trying to get decent sounding speech synthesis (havent commited to purchasing cepstral.. yet) I would like to see phpagi have a plugin (object oriented) architecture for alternate speech modules, instead of having separate method calls for each.

I'd like to go to town on the code, and I may just post my changes to github or something..

• Matthew Asham

Matthew Asham - 2009-07-05

A few weeks ago the project's code was moved over to SVN so as to introduce a PHP 5 OO branch of phpagi.  saghul has been working on the new version. 

Although I haven't had a need to personally work on phpAGI I certainly think a modular approach to adding plugin support is a good idea(tm).  I think it's safe to say all of the phpagi developers would be happy to have you on the team.  Send us an Email with what you have in mind (especially for saghul to collaborate on, he may have some similar ideas) and I'll add you to the project's development team.

Cheers

Matthew

• suther

suther - 2009-11-01

Is this Project still alive? I found some Bugs was fixed by users, but nothing in the core-code was changed nor the Tracker-Entrys was be commented or set to "work, done " or something else.

Maybe some new Developers should get involved - like u say it. Feel free to add me to the Developers. I will support the project as my time let me do this.

• Dovid

Dovid - 2010-03-24

I think maybe we should fork this over and start a new project. Anyone else up for this ?

• roland_hu

roland_hu - 2010-05-05

I asked the project admin a month ago or so about adding me as a developer, but no answer. I suppose the project is REALLY abandoned for a good while now. I - and I suppose others too - already had to maintain/patch/update/upgrade the code, but we cannot share it with others (newcomers), other than writing hints and a few lines in the forum.

So yes from me.

• Matthew Asham

Matthew Asham - 2010-05-06

roland-hu:

I replied to your Email on April 16th and just now sent another reply, however my response bounced.

The project hasn't had much attention given to it in recent history.  I have no problem adding more developers, there've been a few added in the past several years.  If someone wants to fork it off into its own or take over ownership of this project, I'm open to sound proposals. 

As far as your request to be added as a developer, I've just done so now.

Matthew

• roland_hu

roland_hu - 2010-05-19

Cool, and thank you. (I also need to change my settings here…)

In a few days I will check out the source code and commit some necessary changes. Nothing fancy (for now :) ), just the fix of the pipe | vs comma , issue with the new Asterisk versions and two or three new methods in the AGI class. And some code reformatting.

• suther

suther - 2010-08-08

Please add me too.
    I asked some times, but got no response.

Thanks a lot

• suther

suther - 2010-08-27

This Project is defenitly DEAD - No answers since weeks or month for me… i think the best way is to ffork this Project and create a new one !.