Trouble With version 2.0

Help
qwerty759
2012-01-07
2013-05-28
1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)
  • qwerty759

qwerty759 - 2012-01-07

First of all i want to thank you for all your work to make the new version.

But… it won't install or upgrade.
    And i found out that version 2.0 only installs on php 5.3 or higher but not lower?

If i use the automatic installer the installation hangs on de page where the database must be filled in. After all filled in i click on next and a error pop's up in red said : unable to load driver? i don't know what for driver this must be?

If i manualy install i get a few errors:

Notice: Constant NEW_VERSION already defined in C:\webserver\wwwroot\php4dvd\config\version.inc.php on line 2

Notice: Use of undefined constant VERSION - assumed 'VERSION' in C:\webserver\wwwroot\php4dvd\common.inc.php on line 92

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'could not find driver' in C:\webserver\wwwroot\php4dvd\lib\redbean\rb.php:65 Stack trace: #0 C:\webserver\wwwroot\php4dvd\lib\redbean\rb.php(65): PDO->__construct('mysql:host=loca…', 'root', 'test', Array) #1 C:\webserver\wwwroot\php4dvd\lib\redbean\rb.php(175): RedBean_Driver_PDO->connect() #2 C:\webserver\wwwroot\php4dvd\lib\redbean\rb.php(458): RedBean_Driver_PDO->Execute('SET NAMES 'utf8…', Array) #3 C:\webserver\wwwroot\php4dvd\lib\redbean\rb.php(2472): RedBean_Adapter_DBAdapter->exec('SET NAMES 'utf8…', Array) #4 : R::exec('SET NAMES 'utf8…') #5 C:\webserver\wwwroot\php4dvd\lib\redbean\rb.php(2714): call_user_func_array('R::exec', Array) #6 : RedBean_FacadeHelper->__call('exec', Array) #7 C:\webserver\wwwroot\php4dvd\lib\DatabaseManager.class.php(36): RedBean_FacadeHelper->exec('SET NAMES 'utf8…') #8 C:\webserver\wwwroot\php4dvd\lib\Database.class.php(18): DatabaseManager->connect('localhost', 3306, 'root', ' in C:\webserver\wwwroot\php4dvd\lib\redbean\rb.php on line 65

My webserver versions:
    Mysql: 5.1.41
    PHP: 5.3.1
    Apache: 2.2.14

• rolf

rolf - 2012-01-07

You have to have the pdo_mysql module installed for php. Check the output of your phpinfo.php file and look for:

pdo_mysql
    PDO Driver for MySQL enabled
    Client API version 5.1.41

Check your php.ini have you got extension=pdo.so uncommented
    Should be:
    extension=pdo.so
    and not
    ;extension=pdo.so

You are using windows so ignore the first comment, enable the following in php.ini
    extension=php_pdo.dll
    extension=php_pdo_mysql.dll

• qwerty759

qwerty759 - 2012-01-07

Thanks for the quick reply

I got it working now but the first 2 notices still remain:

Notice: Constant NEW_VERSION already defined in C:\webserver\wwwroot\php4dvd\config\version.inc.php on line 2

Notice: Use of undefined constant VERSION - assumed 'VERSION' in C:\webserver\wwwroot\php4dvd\common.inc.php on line 92

Are there any other extensions or conditions my web server needs to have? or is there a list of needed things?

• rolf

rolf - 2012-01-07

Can you post the content of your version.inc.php and version.default.inc.php files?

• qwerty759

qwerty759 - 2012-01-07

The extension=php_pdo.dll is not necessarily  according to php.net because that is standard loaded in php 5.3
    I only needed to load extension=php_pdo_mysql.dll

• rolf

rolf - 2012-01-07

My guess is that you have to open version.inc.php and rename define('NEW_VERSION', 2.0); to define('VERSION', 2.0); This mistake was due to your manual installation. Officially, I do no longer recommend a manual installation, it is removed from the README.txt.

• qwerty759

qwerty759 - 2012-01-08

Ok First a correction for the extension.
    You don't have to load the php_pdo.dll file in php5.3, but you do have to load both extensions in the php.ini like cyberolf said. appologies for that.

I will try a automatic install then and post my findings here.

ps in the pakkage i downloaded is still a section in the readme about manual installation..

• qwerty759

qwerty759 - 2012-01-08

I tried a automatic new install on a test server and as far as i can see it works great!
    The new layout is beautiful, but i miss the list layout in the my movie collection page. Now there is only thumbnail view (correct me if i'm wrong) but is it possible to have both views so that a user can choose? I did like the list view.
    And with the thumb view, if i choose 4 items per page i get over 100 pages (i got 400 + movies). If i choose 32 items per page i get over 10 pages but they would be very very long.

Nice to see that some of my suggestions are in the new version like the music and producer fields and the own dvd icon, and i like that the sort order is extended.

Ps the requirement of the pdo extension should be mentioned in the read-me file i think.
    And that it only works with php 5.3 or higher should also be mentioned
    And only the part of automatic install should be in there, cause manual install doesn't appear to work right.

I haven't try to upgrade my existing installation of php4dvd yet, but i want to play with this version first to see if i really like it.

• qwerty759

qwerty759 - 2012-01-08

About the trailer view

It is beatifull, but if i fill in a link to a imdb trailer the pop is actually very big and has no control to close it. You have to use your browser to go back. With a youtube link it's still too big and no control to close it

ps i'm using chrome v16

• qwerty759

qwerty759 - 2012-01-08

About the seen and own icon

If i in the movie details page click op the own icon to change it to not own, the not own icon is not available and is not displayed. The same goes for the not seen icon.

• qwerty759

qwerty759 - 2012-01-08

There is a newer version of the imdbphp2 engine: 2.1.1

If i want to upgrade myself can i just override the old version with the new version like i did with version 1.2 of php4dvd?

• qwerty759

qwerty759 - 2012-01-08

About the cast list

I did ask to limit the cast listing to 15 people because other wise the cast list could be very long.
    However if i add a movie the cast list is sometimes way longer then 15.
    You said it would be in the next version but i think you forgot about it.

I only list here my findings and it is never the intention to upset you in any way.
    I appreciate all of your work

• qwerty759

qwerty759 - 2012-01-08

About the format field

Why you removed the choose options? like DVD, Blu-ray
    now you have to type the format every time manually. I did like the old options, especialy that you can add a type of format

• rolf

rolf - 2012-01-08

The new layout is beautiful, but i miss the list layout in the my movie collection page.

It is open source, adjust the template to your liking and send me a new default template to bundle with the next release. The default template will stick to the thumbnail view.

And that it only works with php 5.3 or higher should also be mentioned

It is in the readme.txt.

And only the part of automatic install should be in there, cause manual install doesn't appear to work right.

There is no manual installation explanation in the latest release.

About the trailer view It is beatifull, but if i fill in a link to a imdb trailer the pop is actually very big and has no control to close it.

It is an iframe and fills up most of your screen. You can close it by clicking on the gray border round it.

With a youtube link it's still too big and no control to close it

Are you using a 800x600 resolution? The youtube size is pretty small: 800x550 pixels. The close button image is missing from the package. The version with the images is release. Download the latest zip from sf to get a version with the icons.

About the seen and own icon If i in the movie details page click op the own icon to change it to not own, the not own icon is not available and is not displayed. The same goes for the not seen icon.

Download the latest zip from sf to get a version with the icons.

There is a newer version of the imdbphp2 engine: 2.1.1 If i want to upgrade myself can i just override the old version with the new version like i did with version 1.2 of php4dvd?

Yes

About the cast list I did ask to limit the cast listing to 15 people because other wise the cast list could be very long. However if i add a movie the cast list is sometimes way longer then 15. You said it would be in the next version but i think you forgot about it.

I can't remember this request, but the list is much shorter with 4 columns of casts. It is up to you if you want to keep all actors with a movie information. You can keep only 15 if you want and save the movie information.

About the format field Why you removed the choose options?

There are still there, it just works differently. When you start typing it will auto-complete the format. When you enter 'Blu-ray' the first time, it will auto-complete it the next image. This will give you the auto-complete from version 1.2 and a more flexible interface to use any kind of movie format.

• qwerty759

qwerty759 - 2012-01-08

Thanks for your reply

According to php5.3 i can't find it in de readme.txt:

REQUIREMENTS

To use these files you need to have a php installation:
        - Apache 2
        - Php 4.3
        - GD2 library to be able to upload (and resize) covers
          (to check if you have gd2 available, open phpinfo.php)
        - MySQL 4.1
    This is what i find in my readme file, but you upload apparently a newer version 30 min ago where indeed other reguirments are mentioned. Same goes for the manual installation. Gues i was too soon when i downloaded the new version.

Ahh about the trailer view now i understand how it works

About the actors list you are right, there are 4 koloms now so the list would not be too long

About format ok i understand now.

• qwerty759

qwerty759 - 2012-01-08

The trailer view in the re-uploaded version is much better,Thanks

As far as know everything is working now except for the list view. But you are clear about that and i think you are right. you can't make everybody happy, and if i don't like it, make your own

• rolf

rolf - 2012-01-08

if i don't like it, make your own

Correct. I think you can easily make your own template or view of the movie list. If you create something you like, send it over to me and I will included in the next release. Enjoy!

• qwerty759

qwerty759 - 2012-01-09

Is there also a change in the export function?
    I can't open the files made by version 2.0 in excel and noticed that in the first row the items are separated by ; instead the old version by ,

• rolf

rolf - 2012-01-09

Yes, I replaced the , by ;, which is the English default. You can import the CSV with Excel by using the Data menu and import from text.

• qwerty759

qwerty759 - 2012-01-09

I'm using Softmaker planmaker (excel) and the program stopped working instantly when i open this csv file while i could open the old one perfectly.

According to wikipedia:

_Example of a USA/UK CSV file (where the decimal separator is a period/full stop and the value separator is a comma):
    Year,Make,Model,Length
    1997,Ford,E350,2.34
    2000,Mercury,Cougar,2.38

Example of an analogous German and Dutch CSV/DSV file (where the decimal separator is a comma and the value separator is a semicolon):
    Year;Make;Model;Length
    1997;Ford;E350;2,34
    2000;Mercury;Cougar;2,38

The latter format is not RFC 4180 compliant. Compliance could be achieved by the use of a comma instead of a semicolon as a separator and either the international notation for the representation of the decimal mark or the practice of quoting all numbers that have a decimal mark._

So i think you are right to change it because it is used here in europe, but may be others (like me) will have a problem with it.
    What can be done about this? I use this function a lot.
    Perhaps i could change it back in my installation if i'm the only one with this problem? If so where can i find it?

• qwerty759

qwerty759 - 2012-01-09

I tried to open it in libreoffice and it worked perfectly so i guess there is a problem with my office

• qwerty759

qwerty759 - 2012-01-13

The search function is also changed.
    If you want to search now you have to input the search query and hit enter.
    In Version 1.2 you just have to input a few characters of what you want to search to get instant results without hitting enter.

Is it possible to get the old search method back? or can i do that myself?

• qwerty759

qwerty759 - 2012-01-13

I got one more question…
    In the new version you can sort at format, however there is no list view anymore so how do you see what is sorted? You can't see in the thumbnail view what format the movie is, so after sorting you get a sorted list in thumbview but you still can't see where this list is sorted at. I hope you understand what i'm saying.

If you in the old version sort on format, you get a list view sorted on that format you can see. because the list view also list the format

• rolf

rolf - 2012-01-13

In the new version you can sort at format, however there is no list view anymore so how do you see what is sorted?

The way the movies are sorted is shown by the sort dropdown box. If you want more movie information on the overview page, create your own template.

Is it possible to get the old search method back? or can i do that myself?

You can do that yourself by modifying the javascript. Remove the if ( event.which == 13 ) line.

• qwerty759

qwerty759 - 2012-01-13

Thanks for all your answers.
    I got it working now with the search.

Can you give some directions how to create my own template? which file i need to adjust to get a list view?
    I've learned basic skills about how html works, and i'm starting to learn php/msql.

As far as i can see it i have to rewrite the movies.html page and the style.css accordingly? correct? I only want a list view, the rest is fine to me

1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks