Help save net neutrality! Learn more.
Close

Just what I was looking for

pvz
2009-10-01
2013-05-28
  • pvz

pvz - 2009-10-01

I adapted it a little bit to my own needs (to keep track of 8mm and 16mm movies, instead of dvds) Thanks for an exelent piece of software.

• rolf

rolf - 2009-10-01

Nice to hear you like the software! Since version 1.0 you can add any type of movie to the database. By default there is DVD and Blu-ray, but you can add 8mm and 16mm as well. What did you adjust to make it work, if I may ask?

• pvz

pvz - 2009-10-01

I just changed a bit in the text files to adjust the page titles and descriptions. It worked out of the box, and then I added  the extra 16mm and 8mm formats.  Very nice.

• rolf

rolf - 2009-10-02

Ah, I see. Great to hear it was easy to adapt. Enjoy the tool. If you require any support, please let me know.

• pvz

pvz - 2009-10-21

After using your program for a while (I'm still really thrilled with it) , would it be possible to add a sort function by genre? (horror, scifi, etc) Also, to add allmovie.com as a database choise next to imdb.com? Two functions I would love to see added to an otherwise pretty much perfect application. Again thanks for the good work.

• rolf

rolf - 2009-10-22

I looked into your suggestions, but I'm sorry to tell you that sorting by genre is not possible, because genre is not a single word in most cases. This was already suggested: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1967537&group_id=210311&atid=1013227

To access IMDB, I make use of the imdbphp code. There is no such code for allmovie.com and I'm not planning on writing one myself. Do you have any suggestions to access a allmovie API from php?