pgst, the new, GNOME-based PostgreSQL tool, has now been updated to version 1.2.0. It now has the following improvements:
* GNOME shortcut now works by a fix in the install script.
* Now can see results in large or small font.
* Fixed bug with printing non-UTF-8 characters from SQL results.
* Added advice to the Help menu on how to configure PostgreSQL Stored Procedures.
* 'No Extra Line Wraps' menu, which is on by default. Provides ability to change \r\n sequence in data into printable characters.
* Field Editor. Connect to your database, select your table, select the column to key on, grab your update column, and now you can select and update that single field easily without SELECT or UPDATE statements. This is very useful if you have a long string field that has inclusive single and double quotes, which makes for a slightly difficult UPDATE statement. Instead, the Field Editor can handle this for you.
Log in to post a comment.