Can't create any relation ? :'(

Help
2008-06-20
2013-04-24
  • Javier Barroso

Javier Barroso - 2008-06-20

Hello,

I saw pgdesigner on Debian sid and I tried it.

I create two tables with a primary key and various fields, but I can't create any relation. Could you provide a example for do it? I'm losing this morning trying it. How do you create a foreign key ?

Thank you !

• Carlotto Luigi

Carlotto Luigi - 2008-06-30

Forgive the delay ...
      In fact, the procedure to create a relation (or FK) between two tables is described in the manual, but it may not be very explanatory.

In practice, you must have already set up two tables with primary-key already defined (and I see that you have already done so ...), at least as regards the table father, then select "Create Relation" from the Main Menu, place the mouse over the diagram at the first table (father) and press and release the left mouse button, place the mouse on the second table (daughter) and press the left mouse button. At this point you'll see a dialog for setting the parameters of Relations.
      In this window is necessary to define the fields from two tables that make up the relation, and then save it all, and must appear on the record a line joining the two tables. The line is dependent on characteristics of Relations.

I hope that my explanation is clear.

Bye

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks