Task templates

Help
2012-02-14
2012-12-15
  • Iosif Koidis

Iosif Koidis - 2012-02-14

Hi i would like to know if there is a way to make something as a template for tasks. My problem is that i have tasks that are different but have the same subtasks. Is there a way to do that?

Thank you in advance

Iosif

• Kai Reinhard

Kai Reinhard - 2012-02-27

No, not yet. May-be a clone functionality for tasks could be useful or favorites.

• Kai Reinhard

Kai Reinhard - 2012-02-27

We discussed this issue here earlier, but we've no idea on how to deal with.

• ebeke

ebeke - 2012-05-14

Hello Kai,

A task cloning feature would be incredibly useful for me as well, given I have a similar work practice as Losif.

For task cloning to work you would have to as a user write the subtasks fairly non specific to the root/parent task such that you would only have to change the root/parent task title.

Perhaps when you perform a task cloning operation it could bring up an array of cells with each task subtask hierarchy displayed in it allowing you to either clear the cells relating to scheduling/gant/precedence or enter/select new values, espcecially dates.

As a usage example, i would like to create a task with the same task hierarchy comprised of the same tasks but change the name of the top level task and dates of the remaining tasks within the hierarchy.

Regards,

Eli

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks