If the resource folder is a complete project?

Help
cy123
2012-03-29
2012-12-15
  • cy123

cy123 - 2012-03-29

Hi,
    I have downloaded the ProjectForge-src-3.6.1,now I need to re-develop it.Now I want to know if the folder is a complete maven project,If I can switch it to normal eclipse project,thank you very much!

• Kai Reinhard

Kai Reinhard - 2012-03-29

Hi,
    Yes, it's a complete maven project. Please refer the new Developer Quickstart from www.projectforge.org. It's recommended to use the new 4.0 version (available from SourceForge via SVN check-out). The 4.0 release packages is coming soon.

• cy123

cy123 - 2012-03-30

Hi Kreinhard,
    Thanks for your quick reply.I want to ask more questions that if the maven project has included wicket plugin and jquery plugin,when i switch it to normal eclipse project,there are some errors(syntax error).I don not know,please help me,thank you very much!

• Kai Reinhard

Kai Reinhard - 2012-03-30

Hi,

ProjectForge is designed as a Eclipse project (a lot of developers use Eclipse for its development). Please refer the quickstart too:
    mvn eclipse:eclipse
    After calling mvn eclipse:eclipse the class path and everything is set (Wicket etc. should work).
    Keep on hacking
    Kai

• cy123

cy123 - 2012-03-31

Hi kreinhard,
    I have done mvn eclipse:eclipse.But one thing I can't understand is that the projectforge is a maven project so that the directory structure is maven.When I deploy it in eclipse,how to run it!Besides,I feel strange that .java file and .html file must be in the same folder in wicket framework,but the directory structure is not like that,what's wrong,please tell me!We are in urgent,thank you very much!

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi cy123,

1. if you use the 4.0 version (from svn as described in the developer quickstart) you only have to run MyStart.java in eclipse.

2. If you have a previous version you need the WTP plugin (which starts a Tomcat web server). ProjectForge version 3.* is a WTP enabled application. This is described in ProjectForge's DeveloperGuide, section 2.3.

3. Or you can build ProjectForge via mvn install as war file and you can deploy it in your Tomcat server.

Regards
    Kai

• Kai Reinhard

Kai Reinhard - 2012-04-01

Hi again,

the Wicket files are in a separate source folder, that's correct. It's easier to work together with web designer when they're in a normal web directory with all web stuff (images, js, css etc.).

Regards
    Kai

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi,
    When I switch the ProjectForge-src-3.6.1 to eclipse project,and I import it to myeclipse.However,there are some syntax error such as the client-side javascipt errors,besides,there are some syntax errors in juery-1.5.min.js and juery.mobile-1.0a3.min.js,I don't know how to modify.Please Help us,thank you very much!

• Kai Reinhard

Kai Reinhard - 2012-04-09

Hi,

sorry, I haven't enough information to help you with that. Do you mean there are errors in your browser (e. g. FireFox)? If so, please note, that jquery* are third party java-script used in a lot of projects. Please refer the related home pages of jquery and jquery mobile.

And again, I recommend to use the new version 4.0 from the svn for development. At the moment we test to publish a beta 1 of 4.0 including all the files. It was planned as an Easter beta…

Best regards
    Kai

• cy123

cy123 - 2012-04-10

Hi,
    I mean that when I deploy the project in myeclipse,there are some client-side javascript errors,I feel so strange,besides,there are some errors in the html file,I want to know where are the wicket application files?I can find the html page with wicket:id,but where are the wicket java files and wicket appliaction files,please help me thank you!

• Kai Reinhard

Kai Reinhard - 2012-04-10

Hi,
    l didn't understand you, if you don't give me more detailed information about your mentioned javascript errors…
    Regarding Wicket, may-be it's a good idea to start with LoginPage.html, LoginPage.java and LoginForm.java, search for them first and you will find plenty of other Wicket pages. Please note: Some edit and list pages have no html file, because they are extended from AbstractEditPage or AbstractListPage and they share the html code with the super page.

Good luck
    Kai

• cy123

cy123 - 2012-04-10

Hi,
    Because of the network of our company,I can not download the 4.0 version through SVN.Now I have deployed ProjectForge-src-3.6.1 in MyEclipse successfully,but when I want to run it in Tomcat,there are always some errors.I want to ask if the projectforge can run in Tomcat and If it need a maven-tomcat-plugin.Besides,If it can run in Jetty.Thank you very much,we need to redevelop it!

• cy123

cy123 - 2012-04-10

Hi,
    When I want to visit the database in develop mode,there are always errors about can not load hsqldb.jdbcDriver.If I need to install hsqldb on my PC.Besides,If I want to change it to postgresql,how could I do,I haven't found the connection sentence of database.Please help me,thank you very much!

• Kai Reinhard

Kai Reinhard - 2012-04-11

Hi,

please have a look at the documentation: www.projectforge.org - Installation, AdministrationGuide and DeveloperGuide. HSQLDB is built-in. For sure, ProjectForge runs under both Tomcat and Jetty. On www.projectforge.org it runs for example under Tomcat and the standalone-version under Jetty.

Regards
    Kai