Thank You Note

dev-andi
2021-03-02
2021-08-02
  • dev-andi

dev-andi - 2021-03-02

Hi All,

First of all, thanks for the support.

It was unexpected that people really liked this distro. The sole reason being, it changes the perspective of a regular Desktop Environment. I have turned off reviews on SourceForge, didn't get the same option on the OSDN account, but to my surprise, I have received very positive feedback on OSDN.

Apart from the original aim to stick with Arch-philosophy, the hidden aim was to target audiences that are not good with tweaking Linux to its core and also to target people that love tweaking Linux.

Now, some of you might say that - how is Peux OS going to be easy for the non-experts? The answer is, it won't be. That I'll explain in a blog post on "how to apply Peux OS Release", where I'll be explaining the procedure on how it's going to make people learn about the very concepts of the underlying system.

There are few things that I overlooked, like the application launcher not working properly on resolutions other than 1360x and 1920x (pointed out by a CNCF ambassador on Twitter), or like wifi icon on a few of the vendor machines(dell) is not showing ( pointed out by Distrocrunch ).

These things would be fixed, ain't that obvious ;)

I'm sort of a "Lone Wolf", but I am trying to find people who are interested in contributing to Peux OS. After all, team-work is a more efficient way to attain "end-results". They might as well release their own "Community Editions with pre-riced WMs" of Peux OS and maintain it.

If anyone is facing trouble, then I'll be available to help you out.

Thanks!

Last edit: dev-andi 2021-03-02
  • Chase Madchen

Chase Madchen - 2021-03-29

Thank you for IMO the best Linux Distro I have used yet. It is now my daily user desktop, I am totally blown away with the amount of customization that can be achieved all laid out in an easy to navigate common sense approach.
    I had a small issue with wifi drivers for a generic usb dongle but after a brief search I found a suitable solution which is now working flawlessly. No other issues yet.
    Once again thank you :)

👍
    • dev-andi

dev-andi - 2021-03-29

I appreciate your comment. Lemme know if anything fails to work, and to answer your question : it is pronounced as PayUx - simply combining the Penguin and Linux's first and last sound.

Last edit: dev-andi 2021-03-30