Menu

Gnome ISO

dev-andi
2021-08-10
2022-02-04
  • dev-andi

dev-andi - 2021-08-10

Hi All,

I am taking down the Gnome ISO, as few users have reported to experience a login-loop, which is most common and painful issue on Gnome. During early tests, it was not present, but it is happening and can't be ignored. To prevent it further, I am going to take the ISO down and would run some tests. Those who have already download the ISO and not facing any trouble are lucky ones, those who are facing, arent so lucky and I apologize for that.

-Dev

• dev-andi

dev-andi - 2021-08-15

Hi All,

This issue was fixed three days ago, however I took my time to double check.

Gist of the problem:

Reason for incorrect password was broken sudo package.

The pam authentication was somehow taking empty values whenever the user log out and log back in, also when the system is locked and user tries to unlock it or when the user uses privileged commands in the terminal. I made changes to pam module, but that wasn't enough, so instead of headbuttting into it, I decided to implement doas.

Resolution:

The problem persists if sudo is present in the system, so in order to fix that I've implemented doas, which is similar to sudo but less bloated and simpler than sudo. You can read more about doas here

If you face a similar issue, double check whether sudo is present or not using:
      pacman -Qq | grep sudo

I have included an interactive way to configure doas in the recently uploaded ISO. The rest of the features have not changed except for dock (check release notes ).
      ~~~