> > I sent a patch to p5p to make 5.8.7 build ok, and its not currently
> > commited, because of code freeze.
> With my changes, when I try to run the test suite (after copying the
may be you should show your changes? :)
Why not discussing those at p5p or perlce MLs?
> files 1 at a time, unfortunately), I run out of memory before a single
> test runs. Even in Platform Builder's CE emulator with 256 megabytes
> allocated to the emulator.
> 9 times out of 10, the stack trace when it prints the error
> message is:
> PERL58!emergency_sbrk() line 1234
> PERL58!getpages() line 1704 + 8 bytes
> PERL58!morecore() line 1951 + 16 bytes
> PERL58!Perl_malloc() line 1466
> PERL58!Perl_realloc() line 2295 + 8 bytes
> PERL58!Perl_push_scope() line 134 + 28 bytes
> PERL58!Perl_pp_enter() line 1702
> PERL58!Perl_runops_standard() line 37 + 24 bytes
> PERL58!S_run_body() line 2003
> PERL58!perl_run() line 1923
> PERL58!RunPerl() line 231 + 8 bytes
> PERL!main() line 36 + 28 bytes
> I have no idea how to even start troubleshooting this problem. Any
I beleive this is a mess with a config.h (or similar files).
> (who wonders if Vadim has this problem)
I never tried running Platform Builder and emulator.
I did tried running some tests at 5.8.0-tobe, and did few steps on
automating this: this isn't hard, as there is a command to invoke a command
on PocketPC, and there are some helpers in ./wince/ perl dir.
See results http://perlce.sf.net/test-16694.zip There are many files named
like ._op_pos.t-perl-stdout.txt with a contents like
... but I never analyzed details of these...
It will be good if you'll revive this.
I am planning doing more updates to ./wince/ within perl distribution this