Menu

About 3D Walking Tour (English & Spanish)

2012-10-08
2012-10-19
  • Alba Rocío

Alba Rocío - 2012-10-08

-----------------------------------(English)-----------------------------------

The ignorance to be able to perform a tourist activity in cities, can lead to waste the architectural resources, of singular beauty, that can be offered by the city with a proper planning.

Final user: The main final users are tourists (Spanish and English speaking).

Description of the service: The service provided by "3D Walking Tour" is a tv-report in 3D video format that shows the architectural wealth of the "Abandoibarra area" in the City of Bilbao, where there are located several emblematic buildings, as the "Guggenheim Museum", the "Iberdrola Tower", "La Salve Bridge" , the "Museum of Fine Arts", etc. The 3D report is based on a guided walking tour, which can be done from the Tourist Office opposite the Guggenheim Museum. The video recording can be downloaded from the website of the service, for its viewing on 3D screens, or smartphones compatible with 3D video format. Moreover of the video, the user can use the website for searching information about specific sites that are in the "Abandoibarra Route" and locate them on a Bilbao's map.

-----------------------------------(Spanish)-----------------------------------

El desconocimiento de poder realizar una actividad turística en las ciudades puede desembocar en un desaprovechamiento los recursos arquitectónicos, de singular atractivo, que puede ofrecer el urbanismo de la ciudad con una planificación adecuada.

Usuario final: Los usuarios finales principales son los turistas (de habla española e inglesa).

Descripción del servicio: El servicio proporcionado por "3D Walking Tour" es un reportaje en calidad 3D que muestra la riqueza arquitectónica de la zona de Abandoibarra (Bilbao), donde se encuentran edificios emblemáticos como el Museo Guggenheim, la Torre de Iberdrola, el Puente de La Salve, el Museo de Bellas Artes, etc. El reportaje 3D se basa en una ruta guiada a pie, que se puede realizar desde la Oficina de Turismo de Bilbao situada junto al Museo Guggenheim. La grabación del vídeo se puede descargar desde la página web del servicio, para su visionado en pantallas 3D, o bien en Smartphones compatibles con el formato de vídeo 3D. A parte del vídeo, el usuario podrá buscar información específica de los puntos de interés de la "Ruta Abandoibarra", y ver su localización en el mapa de Bilbao.

• Verónica García

--------------------------(Spanish) ------------------------------------

Me parece un proyecto muy interesante y útil para el turismo. Pero desde mi punto de vista hay un gran inconveniente que pocas veces se tiene en cuenta, y que a mí me toca vivirlo de cerca.

No todas las personas que hacen turismo tienen movilidad completa. Hay familias y grupos que viajan acompañados de personas con movilidad reducida: con los abuelos, familiares en sillas de ruedas, con niños pequeños que van en carrito, etc.

Mi idea sería útil para todos esos casos, pero en concreto quiero centrarme en el de las personas que dependen de una silla de ruedas para desplazarse. Tanto ellos como las personas que les acompañan, antes de viajar a cualquier sitio, necesitan saber si van a poder ir y pasar con ellos.

Creo que sería muy útil que la aplicación informara sobre los accesos y estados de las rutas y de los edificios que quieren visitar:
    - Si las aceras disponen de los rebajes adecuados.
    - Si no hay obstáculos en las aceras (papeleras, buzones, señales de tráfico) que impiden el paso con la silla.
    - Si son calles sin asfaltar o de piedras, que dificultan el camino.
    - Si los accesos a estos edificios están adaptados para personas con menor movilidad.
    - Si hay ascensores.
    - Si hay muchas escaleras, o los escalones son altos.
    - Si hay pasillos y/o puertas estrechas por donde no entraría una silla de ruedas.

Además, creo que esta información sería útil también para asociaciones, colegios de educación especial y centros de día, que suelen realizar excursiones y actividades en grupo.

Espero que os sea útil mi aportación. Sé que no se pueden desarrollar todas las ideas que aportamos, pero si se llevara a cabo, me gustaría estar informada.

Gracias, un saludo.

--------------------------(English)------------------------------

Hi, I think this is a very interesting and useful project for turists, and I will try to explain my idea in english.

My idea is to make this aplication more universal, for all people, including families and groups accompanied by persons with reduced mobility. In particular I want focus on the people who rely on a wheelchair to move. They and their family or group, need to know before traveling, if they will find difficulties in the path.

I think will be very useful that the application report about the state of the roads and buildings that they want to visit:
    - If sidewalks have suitable recesses.
    - If there are obstacles on the sidewalks (bins, mailboxes, signs, etc.) that hinder don't allow access with wheelchair.
    - If there are dirt roads or with stones, which hinder the way.
    - If access to these buildings are adapted for people with reduced mobility.
    - If there are or not elevators.
    - If there are stairs or high steps.
    - If there are corridors and / or narrow doors by where a wheelchair wouldn't pass.

And I think it would be useful also for associations, special schools and day centers, which often make trips and group activities.

I hope my contribution will be useful for you, and I would like to know if it was developed.
    Thanks, greetings.

• Alba Rocío

Alba Rocío - 2012-10-19

Hi Veronica,

your request is very interesting. We were thinking on it, and with the help of the City Council of Bilbao the application would be improved. Many of the most important municipalities of Spain are trying to improve the accesibility in the streets and buildings, and to give information on the state of the streets and buildings. In the future it will be brilliant to improve the application "3D Walking Tour" for people with disabilities.

• David Garcia Rubio

------------spanish------------------

Creo que una buena opción será la posibilidad de añadir para que la gente pueda sacar fotos de sitios de la ciudad y colgarlos y etiquetarlos con una breve descripcion, para que todo el mundo los pueda ver (las fotos serian moderadas por supuesto), a veces las mejores fotos son las q hacemos nosotros con nuestra camara de mano, si estos son interesantes se podrian añadir en 3D en la aplicacion.

--------------english----------------

A good option is the ability to add pictures of places in town, label them with a short description, and everybody can see them (the photos are moderate of course), if they are interesting can be added in 3D in the application.

Un saludo,

David

• Ana Mendieta Hidalgo

Un tema a destacar en las visitas guiadas a ciudades es la monotonía que suelen tener las rutas preparadas y los guías que explican los lugares y edificios de interés.
    Por eso creo que se podría hacer una opción extra añadiendo interactividad a los visitantes, a través de pequeños juegos y preguntas (tipo gymcana) consiguiendo pistas y respuestas al hacer check-in en los puntos de interés. Así se lograría una mayor aceptación e interés en recorrer la ciudad y no el aburrimiento que suele suponer la típica visita guiada.

Ana M.

• Fabio

Fabio - 2012-10-19

I really find this application usefull. I understand English, and for me its ok, but I think that maybe it would be interesting to find the tour of Bilbao, in more languages, in my case in Italian. I would like to collaborate on it, I can help to translate the texts from English to Italian.

• Alba Rocío

Alba Rocío - 2012-10-19

Hi Fabio,

we are already working on it (both in Italian and French). Next days we will upload the service in Italian

Last edit: Alba Rocío 2012-10-19

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel