Unix Install

Help
2012-07-10
2013-01-14
  • Matt Oskamp

Matt Oskamp - 2012-07-10

Hi, I am trying to install on Mac OS X. Cmake will generate the build files properly, but I get errors in the FastLog.h and FastLog.cpp files. Specifically on the line

unique_ptr<float[]> m_table;

the error says

[b]unknown type name 'unique_ptr'[/b]

I'm not sure if this has to do with my cmake, boost, or qt4? I have everything installed correctly and it is up to date. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

• Matt Oskamp

Matt Oskamp - 2012-07-10

Sorry, I forgot to mention that this happens during the 'sudo make install'

• - 2012-07-10

What compiler is used on the Mac? You can see the full command lines by running "make VERBOSE=1". If it is GCC, what version of GCC? (Run "gcc -version" to get the version). As documented in the INSTALL file, Pentobi requires at least GCC version  4.4. unique_ptr is a new C++11 feature that might not be available in older versions of GCC.

I never tested Pentobi on the Mac and cannot do that because I don't own a Mac. In principle, the code is portable but there could be other small issues that need to be fixed. It might also be an option to compile it with Clang, but I only tested that it compiles with Clang 3.0/libstdc++ on Linux, it was never tested with Clang/libc++ on the Mac.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks