More wishes

• Toby

Toby - 2011-08-25
    1. Remember directory for save files.
      Currently, it reverts to the user's home directory each time.
      After I do a save in a directory, I probably want to do further saves in that same directory.

2. A history of games file would be nice to track progress.
      Simple text file would do, with one line per game indicating who had which color, Pentobi level, and the score.

• Toby

Toby - 2011-08-25

Sorry about the formatting of my "list" - there is no preview function here,
    and I just tried to follow the example given on the page they link to for BBCode tags.

• - 2011-08-26

Remembering the last directory is easy. I added this feature to the current development version.

The history of recent games plus information is more work and contains a number of open design questions. The most important one is that there is not a clear definition of a game in Pentobi, since the user can always undo moves, play different variations or switch sides with the computer. What you suggest would definitely be useful and the computer could even compute a rating for humans. But it is unlikely that I implement this in the near future. Maybe you shoiuld create an item for this in the Feature Request tracker (which is the right place for wish list items anyway) so that it won't be forgotten.