Menu

Peace/Equalizer APO not working: try all"Install as" troubleshooting" options

2020-05-02
2024-07-13
<< < 1 2 3 > >> (Page 2 of 3)
  • Peter Verbeek

Peter Verbeek - 2023-11-25

And have your tried all troubleshooting options of the target audio device in the Configurator? Do you know how to access them?

Unfortunately it does happen that Equalizer APO installed on a device isn't working. Peace relies on this to work. Sometimes a Windows update makes Equalizer APO not work out of the box.

• Wesseroni

Wesseroni - 2023-12-15

hello. I can't use Equalizer APO and Peace at all due to the Equalizer APO Configurator not opening. I tried disabling antiviruses, tamper protection and all the security options and it's still not working. I have Windows 10 Pro 22H2. What should I do? Thank you in advance!

• Peter Verbeek

Peter Verbeek - 2023-12-15

This seems to happen more often with 22 H2 then with other updates. I'm not sure why and I don't understand this issue if this is indeed the case. Unfortunately the developer of Equalizer APO is only responding on posts on the Equalizer APO forum a few times per year.

Is this your first install of Equalizer APO and Peace? It seems you did the basics. I do recommend to run the Configurator with administrative rights (Right click menu -> Run as administrator). But this doesn't seem to solve the issue. Also, sometimes a firewall app is also monitoring the Windows registry. The Configurator must change some audio device key values in order to reroute its audio stream through the audio changing engine.

Anyway, we do know a few things. For instance, when using a USB or Bluetooth audio device which can't be read by the Configurator (or Configuration Editor for that matter) it will crash at startup. The solution is to unplug all USB and Bluetooth audio devices just to see if the Configurator is starting up without crashing. Then connect one by one to figure out which is a culprit.

Also, any next Windows update may solve the issue. This has happened in the past. Btw. I'm using Windows 11, version 22H2 and had several 22H2 updates. I'm fortunate that everything works. It always has been working for me.

• Wesseroni

Wesseroni - 2023-12-17

Already tried that. I disabled all the security features in Windows including the firewall and exploit protection. I also tried removing the Realtek Control Panel from my Gigabyte motherboard but no luck. The only thing I haven't tried is reinstalling windows from scratch. I guess I'll buy a mini dsp :'( Do you have any suggestions? Thank you.

• Peter Verbeek

Peter Verbeek - 2023-12-17

Unfortunately, I don't have any useful suggestions for buying a mini dsp, especially if you want to use Equalizer APO (and Peace) on it. If you managed to get Equalizer APO working, it may be that you can't get it working specifically on the bought mini dsp. You need to browse for a good candidate.

I disabled all the security features in Windows including the firewall and exploit protection.

That was a good thing to try but it's not often the case.

Sometimes using another audio driver will do the trick. But in your case the Configurator isn't starting up. Either it's blocked by some anti-malware app (doesn't happen often though), a Bluetooth/USB audio driver can't be read or a Windows update is preventing it (of which I don't get it).

There are people who were reinstalling Windows and succeeded in using Equalizer APO. I only get this if the culprit Windows update wasn't installed yet. However, after installing all updates Equalizer APO kept on working. In other words, I don't understand this.

• Ira L Moore

Ira L Moore - 2024-01-20

Peace Eq every time i open it the left and right balance goes to the right and i must put it back to center ? how can i fix it even when i save it to config it does not stay

• Peter Verbeek

Peter Verbeek - 2024-01-20

It should work like you're using it so something is going wrong. To figure this out, could you give me your "Last configuration.peace" file by attaching it to your next post? You'll find this file in c:\program files\equalizerapo\config. While you're at it, also attach your "peace.ini" file.

How do you open Peace? If automatically at startup of your computer, it could be that it's opened with a configuration with the balance right. Anyway, to be sure check the properties of the shortcut (desktop/taskbar icon) if it includes a configuration file name in the target field. If you will you can also attach this shortcut file so I can check it out.

• Ira L Moore

Ira L Moore - 2024-01-20

Yes indeed tomorrow when I wake up

On Sat, Jan 20, 2024, 2:16 AM Peter Verbeek peverbeek@users.sourceforge.net
        wrote:

It should work like you're using it so something is going wrong. To figure
        this out, could you give me your "Last configuration.peace" file by
        attaching it to your next post? You'll find this file in c:\program
        files\equalizerapo\config. While you're at it, also attach your "peace.ini"
        file.

How do you open Peace? If automatically at startup of your computer, it
        could be that it's opened with a configuration with the balance right.
        Anyway, to be sure check the properties of the shortcut (desktop/taskbar
        icon) if it includes a configuration file name in the target field. If you
        will you can also attach this shortcut file so I can check it out.

Peace/Equalizer APO not working: try all"Install as" troubleshooting"
        options
        https://sourceforge.net/p/peace-equalizer-apo-extension/discussion/general/thread/e7c2ac2925/?limit=25&page=1#9b1d/9668

Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in
        https://sourceforge.net/p/peace-equalizer-apo-extension/discussion/general/

To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit
        https://sourceforge.net/auth/subscriptions/

• Peter Verbeek

Right. I guess you have done this by using the Peace shortcut window (under the Shortcut button). After selecting "In Windows startup" the common settings are "Current configuration" and "Start and hide".

I'll improve this shortcut window so these common settings are automatically selected.

• Ira L Moore

Ira L Moore - 2024-01-20

here is config file

On Sat, Jan 20, 2024 at 3:16 AM Peter Verbeek peverbeek@users.sourceforge.net wrote:

Right. I guess you have done this by using the Peace shortcut window
            (under the Shortcut button). After selecting "In Windows startup" the
            common settings are "Current configuration" and "Start and hide".

I'll improve this shortcut window so these common settings are
            automatically selected.

options
            https://sourceforge.net/p/peace-equalizer-apo-extension/discussion/general/thread/e7c2ac2925/?limit=25&page=1#9b1d/9668/154f/3361

• Ira L Moore

Ira L Moore - 2024-01-20

On Sat, Jan 20, 2024 at 9:39 AM Ira L Moore brokentnky@users.sourceforge.net wrote:

here is config file

On Sat, Jan 20, 2024 at 3:16 AM Peter Verbeek
              peverbeek@users.sourceforge.net wrote:

Right. I guess you have done this by using the Peace shortcut window
              (under the Shortcut button). After selecting "In Windows startup" the
              common settings are "Current configuration" and "Start and hide".

I'll improve this shortcut window so these common settings are
              automatically selected.

options

https://sourceforge.net/p/peace-equalizer-apo-extension/discussion/general/thread/e7c2ac2925/?limit=25&page=1#9b1d/9668/154f/3361

options
              https://sourceforge.net/p/peace-equalizer-apo-extension/discussion/general/thread/e7c2ac2925/?limit=25&page=1#9b1d/9668/154f/3361/7694

• Peter Verbeek

I don't see anything wrong in your peace.txt although it's far easier to see what's going on when you send "Last configuration.peace" or one or more saved .peace files.

I do see some upmixing and downmixing going on. Nothing wrong with that. Perhaps a bit too much functionality in one config?

• Ira L Moore

Ira L Moore - 2024-01-20

well i can repeat the issue i think i know what it is when i go to effects
                and check box for stero balance to show on interface and when you close
                peace and reopen it the balance goes to the right 0.6 i can go ahead and do
                it then send config file , so you see i also attach this pic now
                [image: image.png][image: image.png]
                [image: image.png]

Last edit: Peter Verbeek 2024-01-21
                • Ira L Moore

Ira L Moore - 2024-01-20

Thanks for the information and yes maybe to much lol i miss around with it
                  and see how i can do with it now that i got balance back the way it should
                  be !!

Last edit: Peter Verbeek 2024-01-21
                  • Peter Verbeek

Peter Verbeek - 2024-01-21

Well, I have to thank you for messing around!

I did found a bug with the balance slider on the main screen. After closing Peace and starting it, it didn't reflect the former (saved) state of the balance setting. The balance slider and knob (on the Effects panel) were set to another value, in your case to the right. It should have set to 0 after you have set to this value.

In this beta version 1.6.7.1 I've corrected the bug. Download the Peace.exe file and copy it to c:\program files\equalizerapo\config, overwriting the current Peace.exe.

• Ira L Moore

Ira L Moore - 2024-01-20

I finally fixed it by uninstalling both peace and apo then use iobit to
      clean left-over registry files and restarted pc then reinstalled apo first
      then peace so far seem to fixed that issue i was having with the sound
      balance going only to right

On Fri, Jan 19, 2024 at 5:31 PM Ira L Moore brokentnky@users.sourceforge.net wrote:

Peace Eq every time i open it the left and right balance goes to the right
      and i must put it back to center ? how can i fix it even when i save it to
      config it does not stay

options
      https://sourceforge.net/p/peace-equalizer-apo-extension/discussion/general/thread/e7c2ac2925/?limit=25&page=1#9b1d

• Peter Verbeek

That's nice. I hope it doesn't happen again. Good luck!

• Miguel Matos

Miguel Matos - 2024-04-11

It completely stopped working with the new Windows Update I am on Windows 11 and I reinstaled Equalizer APO and troubleshoot Peace, "Install as" and none of the options worked.

• Peter Verbeek

Peter Verbeek - 2024-04-11

On what audio device do you need Equalizer APO?

• Miguel Matos

I have the HyperX Cloud II Headset and I was trying to amplify the microphone.

• Peter Verbeek

Wired or wireless?

When wireless it can be the issue of Windows 10 and 11 combining 2 Bluetooth mic audio devices into 1. Due to this combination (virtual) device Equalizer APO can't work. So for Bluetooth one has to disable the "telephone" audio input device.

Also, if the HyperX Cloud II headset came with software including the audio device driver then the new driver installed through the Windows update could be cause an issue. To get Equalizer APO going usually the best thing is to go with a default USB Windows audio driver. But before doing that, try to uncheck both "Use original APO" checkboxes, well if there aren't greyed out. In that case there isn't an original APO on your mic (which is fine as it isn't the problem).

When talking about a mic, you also need to try the unchecking of all "exclusive access" checkboxes (see screenshot). By default these checkboxes are checked. But when a recording/streaming app uses exclusive access to your mic, no APO (Audio Processing Object) will work. They are simply bypassed.

• Miguel Matos

It's the wired version. I tried all of those things you said but still nothing.

• Peter Verbeek

That's unfortunate.

I guess you have also restarted your computer to invoke a change in the troubleshooting options.

As it is a HyperX product their NGenuity software probably includes 2 audio device drivers, one for the headphones and one for the mic. Could you find out if the mic device driver is from HyperX? If so, you can try a default USB Windows driver.

Unfortunately, HyperX and a few other headset manufacturers does sometimes have issues concerning Equalizer APO. We don't know why and I think the developer of Equalizer APO doesn't know either. All we left with is trying all things mentioned in the troubleshooting wiki chapter.

Just to be sure Equalizer APO isn't working on your mic you need try a Peace configuration called "Left on Right channel".

• Ira L Moore

Ira L Moore - 2024-04-11

It on Realtek usb audio asus motherboard spidf optical connection

On Thu, Apr 11, 2024, 4:19 AM Peter Verbeek peverbeek@users.sourceforge.net
              wrote:

On what audio device do you need Equalizer APO?

options
              https://sourceforge.net/p/peace-equalizer-apo-extension/discussion/general/thread/e7c2ac2925/?limit=25&page=1#9b1d/a8e6/be37/9da8/6010

• El Shmuel

El Shmuel - 2024-07-13

I have Sennheiser HD 560s headphones, a Behringer XM8500 mic and a Behringer UMC22 interface. I wanted to use Peace to add more bass to the HD 560s or to try the Harman Target curve by Oratory1990. I also wanted to try and EQ the mic to sound like the Shure SM7B (just for fun, I don't care if it isn't perfect. Sounds better on Julius Krause's tutorial and also to my own ears. (link to the tutorial))

I got the mic EQ working. However, I can't get the headphone EQ to do anything. I have enabled automation and tried to change the way Peace is installed to the devices (LFX/GFX etc.) I have also restarted Windows Audio Service to try to see a change, for now without any success.

My HD 560s are connected to the umc22 with a 6,5 mm jack. UMC22 uses common Windows drivers. I tested all the 3 settings of Install for the headphones again. Didn't do anything. My APO EQ is ver. 1.3.2.

HD 560s are not digital in any way so they don't have dedicated drivers.

Yup. I have disabled early Windows updates, they can mess up settings badly so I usually update them some time after release.

Does it matter if the headphone connection of the UMC22 is listed as Speakers - USB Audio Codec in control panel? I think it is just a name and shouldn't affect anything but maybe it does.

If I change the Installation part Use original APO to marked/unmarked, it cuts off the sound from the headphones for a short period. Therefore I think Peace/APO does detect them but somehow the EQ doesn't apply.

This is the test "EQ" I set up. I made it to sound as bad as possible so I could hear if the EQ got applied.

<< < 1 2 3 > >> (Page 2 of 3)