Menu

Printed PDF isn't readable by Adobe

Help
Daryl Lee
2016-12-22
2018-03-17
  • Daryl Lee

Daryl Lee - 2016-12-22

I just installed PDFwriter for Mac, opened a PDF document and printed it. When I looked in the PDFWriter folder for it, it showed 0 bytes. What might be the best way to correct that?

• M.G.

M.G. - 2017-01-04

you need to choose the driver-file manually during the adding process of the printer. You can find it at following path: /Library/Printers/Lisanet/PDFwriter/pdfwriter.ppd
    Delete the printer and add it with the correct printer - works for me on El Capitan

• Ken Snyder

Ken Snyder - 2017-01-27

I'm having the same problem in macOS. I looked at being more explicit on the print driver (although it found it when i typed "PDF Writer" into search dialog) but the problem is I'm not sure how to specify the driver explicitly and the "ppd" file extension is not associated with anything so you can't just double click it in a finder window.

• Ken Snyder

Ken Snyder - 2017-01-27

Ok, I figured it out. You search for PDF Writer, choose the driver, then in bottom dropdown you change from "generic" to "other" and then you can point it directly to the driver. Works great.

• Lisa

Lisa - 2018-01-31

I haven't been able to get PDFwriter to work since I had my logicboard replaced and had to reinstall everything. It gives me a 'successfully installed' message, but when I go to add the printer, it defaults to Generic Postscript. So I choose 'Other' and navigate to the printers folder in my library, but only my Brother printer appears - no folder for Lisanet. It also didn't appear when I ran a search in Finder and when I ran the uninstall script, it didn't find it. How can I get this ppd file? I'm running Quicken under CrossOver and this little utility has been the only way I can print my invoices. Thanks, in advance, for any assistance. (I'm running OS version 10.13.2 on a 2016 MacBook Pro).

• eddified

eddified - 2018-03-17

I created this video showing how to get PDFwriter for Mac working in MacOS High Sierra:

https://youtu.be/Tl-dj3-G6cc - don't worry, it's less than 30 seconds long, with no audio

Last edit: eddified 2018-03-17