PDFWriter and AirPrint Activator

Help
Bandito
2011-09-01
2013-04-29
  • Bandito

Bandito - 2011-09-01

Hi,

I've successfully installed PDFWriter under Mac OS X Lion and can print to it from my MacBook Pro just fine, but if I try to print through AirPrint Activator, it appears that nothing happens.  I get no errors on the iOS devices and no output from PDFWriter.

I checked the Console log for errors and found nothing, then I found the CUPS log in /var/log and found that it shows some successful entries when I print from the MacBook Pro, but shows no entries at all when attempting to print from the iOS devices.

If anyone has any insight into this issue, I'd really value your input!

• Richard

Richard - 2011-09-02

Hi,
      I can't help you with your AirPrint Activator problem but, I can suggest a work around. Install Dropbox on your phone and put the file you want to print in a "to print" file. Then install Hazel (noodlesoft.com $21.95) on the computer with PDFwriter. You can write a rule to have Hazel automatically print files in the "to print" Dropbox folder using PDFwriter. I also use Hazel to automatically file anything I print with PDFwriter.         Richard

• Richard

Richard - 2011-09-02

You could also use Google Cloud Print.   Richard

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-12-31

I don't know if it related to newer versions of software in the year or so since this problem was posted, but I use PDFWriter on MountainLion with AirPrint Activator. It works beautifully right out of the box. I use it as a test printer for mobile app development.