Menu

Lost PDFwriter in Mavericks (10.9.2)

Help
tunes
2014-05-08
2014-09-25
  • tunes

tunes - 2014-05-08

I updated one of my machines to Mavericks and it stopped working. Print jobs would get stuck in the print queue. I re-installed and the PDFwriter driver doesn't show up in the choice of selections.

Anyone have any suggestions?

• Richard

Richard - 2014-05-10

Did you add PDFwriter to your printers? The attached PDFwriter manual has instructions on how to add PDFwriter to your list of printers. If you are having trouble locating PDFwriter in Mavericks, follow this file path: Finder--Library--Printers--PDFwriter. Hope this helps, Richard

• Jaime Meraz

Jaime Meraz - 2014-07-02

I have had the same problem. I need PDFWriter in order to extract/print different pages from PDF packages w/ several pages. PDFWriter was the only effective way I found to do this. However, when I upgraded to Maverick, it stopped working. The folder is still on my MAC however when I go to add the printer, PDFWriter does not appear as an option... Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Richard

Richard - 2014-07-05

Hope Bev in Tx's solution works for you as well. I'm able to print individual pages from a PDF document by opening it in Preview then: Click "View" tab, then click "Thumbnails" tab, then Command click the desired individual pages, then click the "File" tab then Print, then select the bullet for "Selected Pages in Sidebar" then select a print or save option.

• Bev in TX

Bev in TX - 2014-07-05

I had the same problem. I temporarily resolved it by copying:
    /Library/Printers/Lisanet
    To:
    /Users/userid/Library/Printers
    where, userid was my user id.

It then showed up as a printer that I could add to:
    Apple -> System Preferences -> Printers & Scanners

Last edit: Bev in TX 2014-07-05
  • Bev in TX

Bev in TX - 2014-07-05

I tried it on my other Mac and copying PDFwriter to my local ~/Library/Printers did NOT work.

I then remembered that I had uninstalled PDFwriter and reinstalled it before I copied it to my local ~/Library directory on my first Mac. That is, I:
    1) opened Terminal
    2) changed to /Library/Printers/Lisanet/PDFwriter
    3) ran ./uninstall.sh

This worked on my 2nd Mac without copying anything to ~/Library.

• Steve

Steve - 2014-09-25

Can you please show me how you do this again.
      Tried and not working for me.

thanks !!

Last edit: Steve 2014-09-25