Display doesn't work for some pdfs

Help
Hoam Chung
2011-03-04
2013-04-30
  • Hoam Chung

Hoam Chung - 2011-03-04

Hi,

First of all, I have to say this is a great application. I was very pleased to find this and it worked great in my first lecture.

I have one issue that for a few pdf lecture slide files of mine, the display on the second monitor didn't work. Whenever I open the file and click the presentation button, then one of followings happens:

- Just a blank gray image is shown
    - After a long period of time, it can display the first two or three slides on the second monitor.
    - Everything looks fine on the main monitor  

Those files are quite big (< 4MB) and I'm wondering if it may cause the problem.

I also saw the following messages whenever I start the program:

0  WARN de.hackermuehle.pdfpresenter.model.tools.TextTool  - Load text font and size from preferences failed. null
    0  WARN de.hackermuehle.pdfpresenter.model.tools.TextTool  - Load text color from preferences failed. null

I'm running the application on Windows XP SP3 with Java Standard Edition Version 6 Update 15 (build 1.6.0_15-b03).

Thanks in advance!

• Martin Tschirsich

Hi hachung,

thank you very much for your feedback!

There is a known problem concerning the rendering of the small preview slides and a bigger performance issue (memory consumption, especially when zooming) concerning the presentation view. These issues will get adressed with the next release wich also includes an updated version of the used pdf rendering engine.

The reported messages are of no importance and not related to the cause of the observed problem.

Regards,

Martin