From: Michal Hocko <mstsxfx@gm...> - 2008-12-15 13:51:44
I am happy to announce that PDFedit 0.4.2 was released today.
This is not killer feature release and mostly covers bug fixes (~27 bug
fixes). Nevertheless it comes also with some new features. Namely
* new translations (French, Traditional Chinese, German)
* possibility to build only core functionality as static libraries. We
encourage distributors to create separate package pdfedit-core-dev
(see README for more information) to enable 3rd party code to use our
PDF modification API.
* better build system (see README)
- parallel make according available processors
- better compatibility with some 64b distributions
- we have dropped dependency on boost-iostreams
- modified released or CVS differ in version for better bug
* changed streams are encoded with FlateDecode compression algorithm
(modified documents are smaller)
And some other changes - see Changelog.
We hope that this release will be handy.
Best regards and don't hasitate to ask if something is not clear on our
pdfedit-support mailing list.
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.