From: Michal Hocko <mstsxfx@gm...> - 2008-01-16 15:38:12
I would like to announce that unified makefiles development branch was
merged to the upstream today.
Main target of this branch is to simplify makefile structure and tight
it better to the configuration process.
This will be included also in upcoming next release.
I would like to ask you for help with testing. README file contains all
details about configure options. However if you need some assistance,
feel free to ask via pdfedit-devel@... (if you are not
list member write me before and I can allow your email address).
I have already tried:
* Debian (lenny/sid) 32b OK
* OpenSuse 10.3 32b OK
* Gentoo 64b OK
I would especially like to see some feedback from packagers and their
feeling about these changes. All comments are welcome. Thx in advance
Quick list of new features:
- xpdf configuration was merged with the main configuration
- new Makefile.flags file which contains common logic for compilation
(all makefiles from subdirectories include this file and provide only
subdirectory specific stuff)
- no hacks for freetype2 detection
- type1 font libraries detection
- checks for CPPUNIT, boost libraries and docbook
- possibility to configure-out whole gui (only xpdf, kernel libraries
are created - for future pdfedit-devel package purposes) --disable-gui
- qmake detection directly in configure
- --enable-kernel-tests option for configure
- creates also kernel tests
- --enable-debug-info option added for configure
- this is checked only if we have --enable-relase and want to
have binaries also with debug information
- --enable-qt3 option added for configure
- use Qt4 for --disable-qt3
- --enable-doxygen-doc added for configure
- generates doxygen documentation only if required (turned off by
- checks for doxygen binary if turned on
- --enable-advanced-doc added for configure
- generates design documentation (turned off by default)
- checks docbook
- --with-root-dir added for configure
- sets root directory where to install
- --enable-stack-protector added for configure
- enables -fstack-protector compiler option (turned off by
- includes in kernel, utils and xpdf consolidated so they include with
specified subtree (e.g. #include "cpage.h" -> #include "kernel/cpage.h".
This enables to move header files without code change (only -I
compiler parameter has to be changed). This is preparation for future
devel package with libraries and exported header files.
- online help for gui is generated during distribution tarball creation
and it is extracted from doc/Makefile path.
- (un)installation targets don't depend directly on gui and they are
configured in ./configure script